Welcome to my stop on The Girl Next Door Blog Tour hosted by A Book and a Latte PR. For today's stop, I've got an awesome guest post by the fabulous Selene Castrovilla to share with you as well as a tour wide giveaway that is super duper epic so, do not miss out on it!
Without anymore delay, let's get to the epic! ;p
About the book:
Author: Selene Castrovilla
Publisher: ASD Publishing, LLC
Release date: May 22, 2013
Two teens are forced to make some very grown-up decisions when one of them is diagnosed with terminal cancer, twisting them into an unpredictable nightmare. Best friends since toddlerhood, Samantha and Jesse grapple with the realization that they are actually in love. What now? Beautifully written while handling a very heavy topic, Castrovilla addresses the universal question: In a world where the worst can strike at any time, how can we ever feel safe?
What a great idea these lists are! Seemingly simple, yet provocative. I wanted to address the majority of them. But in the end I had to go with quotes, because I am a quotaholic. I could read them all day and find inspiration in each. I have them hanging all over my house! Quotes remind us that we are not alone. They advise us in any situation. They are a connection with people from everywhere in history. Quotes are a manifestation of humanity.
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” -Gandhi
- “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right.” –Henry Ford
- “Things won are done, joy’s soul is in the doing.” –Shakespeare
- “I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.” –Michelangelo
- “We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.” -Buddha
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” -Marcus Aurelius
- “Be who you are, and go the whole way.” -Walt Whitman
- “For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.” –Emerson
- "If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away." -Thoreau
- “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." -Rumi
Selene is pleased to team with the Anthony V. Mannino Foundation helping young adults in their fight against cancer. She will donate $1 for each book ordered during The Girl Next Door's Blog Tour!
Selene will send a free autographed copy of The Girl Next Door to anyone who donates $25 or more to the foundation (click here to donate!). For your purchase to count and/or to show proof of donation, just send a screenshot or receipt of your order or donation, along with your shipping address if necessary, through "Drop me a line" in the "Latest News" section of her website, selenecastrovilla.com.
The AVM Foundation Mission:
The Mission of The Anthony V. Mannino Foundation is to financially assist young adults in the age group of 18-26 while they are undergoing their cancer treatment. We also want to help development support programs to aid this unique age group, with their special needs, as they battle cancer.
We found that Anthony's age group of 18 plus, doesn't have the emotional or financial support that other age groups do. We are also aware of the unique situations that this age group faces and want to help those adolescents and their families.
About the author:
Selene Castrovilla is an award-winning teen and children’s author who believes that through all trends, humanity remains at the core of literature. She is the author of Saved By the Music and The Girl Next Door, teen novels originally published by WestSide Books and now available digitally through ASD Publishing. Her third children’s book with Calkins Creek Books, Revolutionary Friends, was released in April. She is also a contributing author to UncommonYA. Selene holds an MFA in creative writing from New School University and a BA in English from New York University. She lives on Long Island with her two sons. Visit her website www.SeleneCastrovilla.com for book excerpts and more information!
Connect with Selene Castrovilla: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Grand prize is a Kindle Fire + The Girl Next Door ebook (US only), and 10 second prize winners will receive an ebook copy of The Girl Next Door (International).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
|Check out more stops on The Girl Next Door Blog Tour.|