Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Dec 13, 2011

Forbidden Book Club: First Five Chapters


Okay, I just read the first five chapters of Forbidden and all I can say right now is wow. Tabitha Suzuma surely knows how to pull at one's emotions. I don't know what to think right now...it's definitely different. Suzuma's writing is very deep and it makes your brain think.

At this point, I am surely hooked and it was a struggle to just stop at five chapters but I didn't want to get too ahead because then...it wouldn't be fun. Forbidden is told from both perspectives of Lochan (pronounced LOCK(the gard)EN) and Maya, which I totally appreciate.

Anywho, Lochan. <3 Man is he a tortured soul or what?! He's just so sad; I haven't read a lot about him but there's something haunting and empty and lonely and melancholy about him. I don't know...but maybe it's just the simple fact of how messed up his whole...everything - school, life, family, etc. - is but like I had tweeted, I just wanna pull him into my embrace and hug him forever. Lol, no joke.

Within these first few chapters you totally see Lochan and Maya step up to the plate of taking care of everyone. I just felt so bad for both of them; what they have to go through day after day, it just rips my heart apart.

Right now, I am very curious as to what's going to happen. I like it a lot, already. I can't exactly put into words how or what I feel about the book but there's just something completely and utterly captivating about it; I guess just the whole premise of the book is...interesting and trippy and crazy and amazing and weird and icky and asdfksdkfkljdlkasklfks - aah!


So, what did you think of the first five chapters?! And for those of you who have read the book already, what were you thinking and how were you feeling when you read the first five chapters?!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a member of this book club.. but this book was amazing. It truly effected how I view things from the moment I sat it down..

    will you be posting your thoughts all the way through? I hope so, because I would love to relive it through your eyes.

    For sure, this was one of the best books I have read all year. I won the arc.. but now I also have the HB.. I loved it that much.

    It will continue to rip your heart out, this one.. but believe me when I tell you... it's worth it.

    ha ha,, my word verification is cocula... lol, like Count COCULA! *fits of immature giggles*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p