Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Dec 26, 2011

Top 10 Books I’ve Read In 2011


Oh my gosh, here we are - the last week of 2011. I can't believe it, this year seriously flew by. I know, lots of people probably say this at the end of every year but for some reason, this year really flew by in the blink of an eye!


Top 10 of 2011 is a week long event hosted by the awesome Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Rachel from Fiktshun and Patricia and Jaime from Two Chicks On Books where we look back on all the awesome books of 2011 and look forward to all the amazing new releases of 2012.

TOP 10 BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2011

Let me just say that I had a really hard time making this list. Well, it was hard until I took a look at my little scroll box down there on my sidebar where I listed all the books I read this year. And if you take a look, there are only thirty books there, lol. Then my choices were really narrowed down but it helped me out a ton too, so shall we get to it? Also, although I have my list numbered, there really isn't any particular order to them...besides the first three. ;)



1. The Crescent by Jordan Deen - I had read The Crescent way back in March, during the weekend of my birthday, to be exact, and instantly I fell in love with it. I'm not sure if it was because of my sister's constant raving that rubbed off on me or what, but the storyline of this series was unique and really captivating. I don't think many have heard of this series but I highly recommend it to everyone and anyone who can read. And I love it so much that my number two is:

Half Moon

2. Half Moon by Jordan Deen - Yeah, I love this series that much. Jordan Deen did amazing stuff in book two. I can't even express why I love them so much. Of the two though, this one is definitely my most favorite but who knows since book three hasn't been released yet. You know those kind of books where after you finish it you don't even know how to think or function? Yeah, these two stunned me breathless! I am still blown away by them because I still haven't gathered my thoughts completely to write my reviews for them. That amazing!

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)

3. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton - Aaah, I get so excited when I, or anyone, talks about Wings of the Wicked. It doesn't release until February 1st of 2012 (all of you should go pre-order it right now) so not a lot of people have read it yet but man oh man, this book did things to me. I think it was the emotional turmoil that took me over the edge. This book is action packed but I was hooked by the heart to Ellie and Will's relationship. Courtney Allison Moulton is a genius. A genius, I tell you!

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)

4. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I love this book solely for the leading female, Alex. Man, I feel like I've been raving about this girl for a decade now. ;) She makes the Covenant series what it is and I mean, the guys are a total plus but Alex is what makes this series shine! Also, the mythology behind it is also very interesting and nothing like I've ever read! Total favorite!

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)

5. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead - Any book that can make me bawl my eyes out immediately make the list for me. And man, I cried like a little 5 year old throwing a tantrum at a grocery store. I'm serious. If any of you have read this series, you might be able to understand why I was furious towards the end of this book. I was furious because...it was one those situations where I was like, "YOU CAN'T UNDO SOMETHING LIKE THAT! WHAT THE HECK WAS RICHELLE THINKING?!" Yeah, I was uber sad and pissed at the same time so my tears were full of fury and pain. And this book was totally my favorite from the entire series.

Falling Under (Falling Under, #1)

6. Falling Under by Gwen Hayes - Like I mentioned above, I'm a sucker for books that stir my emotions straight to tears and this book was another one of those. Gwen Hayes surely knows how to write a creeptastic novel. I just remember being seriously creeped out by this book but I loved it at the same time. And the ending was intense...hence the tears!


7. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford - This book is definitely a dark and twisty read. Whenever I think about this book, I see darkness, lol! Deep sigh....this book was surely something. I really enjoyed this read because it was different; Leah took angels and demons to a whole new level! And look at that cover - gorgeous!


8. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks - Omg, I know this book is not even out until May of 2012 but the awesome author sent me a copy to read and asdfjkl;asdfjkl;! ;) I can't even...blerugh! It's such a terrific read, maybe because I haven't read anything with mermaids before, but either way, make sure you guys include this into your "Must Read for 2012" pile.


9. Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers - Original Sin was one hot, sizzling read! As most of you probably know, I am a ginormous fan of Lisa Desrochers's books. The guys in this series are to die for, I mean, Luc Cain - humananah humananah and Gabe definitely has his appeal too! The dialogue of the different points of views just flowed off the pages and it was very entertaining to read.


10. Angel Burn by L. A. Weatherly - First off, I absolutely love Weatherly's writing! It was just...beautiful! I was completely blown away by the different take on angels, like they were seriously scary! I am also madly in love with Alex Kylar because he was just the normal human boy but he was oh so very hot and sexy!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

What are some of your top ten books of 2011? Are some of your top ten the same as mine?! Do share in the comments below! I would love to see your top picks! :)

Also, be sure to check back tomorrow for my top ten book covers of 2011! Don't miss it!

15 comments:

  1. LOL. I know how you felt with Shadow Kiss. I wanted to throw the book and I still have not continued with the Vampire Academy series since then.

    Half-Blood is one of the books my family constantly talks about. Especially since we keep trying to figure out who the god that shows up in every book is - my sister has a theory and it actually makes sense.

    Knowing us though, we're completely wrong on that front.

    Great list of books MoMo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Darla - After reading Shadow Kiss you didn't continue with the series? Ah, you're crazy! I would have been dying to know what happened next!

    Oooh, I still have no clue who it could be! Let me know your theory, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly the only one I have read is Shadow Kiss. I love that series. I have Half-Blood and Of Poseidon on my TBR list. I also have been thinking about reading Angel Burn. I have read a ton of great things about it. Great picks!
    My Top 10 of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm trying really hard to get my hand on Half- blood so i can finally discover it.
    Also i'm interested in original sins ( and wings of the wicked are on my wishlist too)

    so i would like some of these books but i haven't read any yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Man! You only make me even more excited to read Of Poseidon! ARRRRRGHHHHH! I can't wait! XDDDDDDD

    Come check out my Top 10 Lists. I created two seperate lists. One for adult/UF books and the other for YA books.

    Best of 2011: Young Adult
    Best of 2011: Urban Fantasy

    Hope you'll have time to check out my lists.
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, Shadow Kiss is one of my favourite books EVER! In the end I cried so so hard! I couldn't stop crying.
    Nice list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Angelfire on the way, mostly because I've heard nothing but raving for Wings of the Wicked - and I need to know! I'm also way excited to read A Touch Mortal! Great list- I've moved some books (like Angel Burn) up higher on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hannah - Omg, you have to read Angelfire as soon as you get it, like drop everything for it! ;) Wings of the Wicked is pure brilliance! LOVE IT!

    A Touch Mortal is very different but definitely good different! And yes, try to get to Angel Burn asap too!

    I'm a huge fan of angel books and well lookie here, those three are all angel related, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, I guess I have to check out these Jordan Deen books. And I loved Angelfire, so I can't wait to read WotW! I'm even more excited about it now that you mentioned it!

    And anything I'd say about Half-Blood now would be an understatement. I just want Pure already!:((

    Oh, and I'm so there with you about Shadow Kissed and Falling Under! Actually, looking back on my top 10 list now, it's obvious I have a thing for dark, twisted, heart breaking books that make me cry and really get to me emotionally. :)) So I need to read A touch mortal too. Oh well...

    Great list!;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh so many books i still wanna read
    gr8 list momo
    my top ten

    ReplyDelete
  11. Half-Blood was amazing! Alex is awesome! I need to read The Crescent, I see you talk about ti so much, I need to get myself a copy :) I loved Angelfire, but my ARC of Wings is just sitting here... I so need to start it soon. Awesome list Momo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed Angel Burn also. I can't wait to read my 1st VA book over Christmas break...I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Currently reading Forbidden, and it's currently ranking high on my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I´ve read Angel Burn, Half-Blood and VA series and I love them all.
    great picks!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your list just made me think that I still have LOTS of books to read because almost all books you've listed is on my TBR pile! even half blood I know! geez and you've read Of Poseidon wow definitely looking forward on that book. Great list!

    Here' s my Top 10 Books of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p