RaShelle Workman's Blood and Snow: The Complete Set is a re-telling of Snow White with a vampire twist that definitely makes it stand out in its own limelight. The omnibus just recently released on February 17, 2013 where you can get all twelve novelettes in the series in once place.
I love Snow White and I got the gist of her fairy tale but in the versions that I've seen (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs | Snow White: The Fairest of Them All), I was never aware of the Huntsman. I haven't seen these movies since I was a little girl so who knows, there very well could have been a Huntsman and I just didn't pick up on it.
But after seeing Snow White and the Huntsman and now, being aware of him, I love that story line. I haven't read this series yet but I'm definitely intrigued by Workman's re-telling of Snow White and how she went about it with her twists!
About the book:
Title: Blood and Snow: The Complete SetAuthor: RaShelle Workman
Publisher: Polished Pen Press
Release date: February 17, 2013

Every thousand years the Vampire Queen selects a new body, always the fairest in the land, and this time she's chosen Snow White.
Snow isn't an ordinary girl. She doesn't know that yet.
When Snow gets bitten by a Hunter, her life is thrown into a whirlwind of change where instead of worrying about what to eat, she has to fight not to drink the blood of fellow high school students. She becomes a revenant - not quite human, not quite vampire.
With the help of an eccentric old Professor, his seven adoptive sons, and her best friend, Snow learns to control her blood craving. Sort of. She drinks a bloodlust tea, but she'd rather drink from her Hunter.
Or, a human.
She also discovers a whole other realm, one filled with fairies, dragons, and magic. And not only does the Vampire Queen want her, but there's a pendant called the Seal of Gabriel created for Snow by the Vampire Queen's twin sister. And Snow's supposed to use it to restore balance to all magical creatures. Including vampires.
Excerpt:
About the author:
RaShelle Workman lives on a mountain with her husband, three children, and three dogs. From her back porch she can see the city lights and imagine... She's the bestselling author of the Dead Roses series (Sleeping Roses is being translated into Turkish, and will be available in print wherever Turkish books are sold in 2014), the Immortal Essence series, and the Blood and Snow series.Connect with RaShelle Workman: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Giveaway Deets:
- Enter below to win a Kindle Fire.
- Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway



















































Thank you so much for participating in Blood and Snow's book blitz. I appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteVampires and snow white? What's not to like?!?!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the covers... totally to die for! :D
I loved the excerpt! :) I am actually very tempted to just purchase a copy of this book,it sounds like something I'd very much enjoy reading! Glad I discovered your blog, too, it's very pretty! Ishita did a great job with the design! I'm a new follower! :)
ReplyDeleteEvie @Bookish
LOL, Momo! :P Hahaha.. I only just looked over in the sidebar to have discovered it's Books Over Boys.. wow.. the design is SO DIFFERENT! :D And how was I not following you before *facepalm*
ReplyDeletewell, it's all good now, but damn, I feel punk'd :D
I love the cover, so beautiful:) Love the plot, totally gonna read this sometime:)
ReplyDeleteThis book sounds very interesting and good. I love vampires and I love fairytales. Thanks for the giveaway. Please enter me. Tore923@aol.com
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!! Snow White is my all time fav Disney fairytale and I love the different takes on it. This one sounds sooo unique, and I can't wait to see how the vampires are incorporated! Love it! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this, Momo! :D
~ Maida
Literary Love Affair
Love the except! I can't wait to read this one it sounds really good. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOoooh sounds good!!! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI really want to win this...Please? :)
ReplyDelete