Welcome to my stop on the A Risk Worth Taking Blog Tour hosted by InkSlinger PR. For today's stop, I've got an awesome guest post by Heather Hildenbrand to share with all of you as well as the tour wide giveaway, so do not go anywhere because there's a lot of epic going on here! Let's get to it!
About the book:
Author: Heather Hildenbrand
Publisher: Accendo Press
Release date: October 20, 2013
When 22-year-old Summer Stafford’s parents split halfway through her senior year at college, Summer’s world is rocked. Everything she thought she knew—heck, everything she thought she wanted for her own life—feels like a lie. The truth is love is a risk. And the true kind, the kind that lasts, might even be a fairy tale.
Reeling from the divorce, Summer derails her own future by breaking up with her parent-approved boyfriend and giving up her lifelong plans for a big-city career. She moves back home, business degree in hand. Dad needs her to fill the gaps her mother left behind; Summer needs to find who she is outside of the cookie-cutter life that failed so miserably for her parents.
Ford O’Neal’s future involves one person: himself. He doesn’t have a permanent address and he definitely doesn’t commit. To a place or a person. Raised by hippies, he plans just far enough ahead to secure his next stop, this one landing him at a work-study program at Heritage Plantation where he can grow his own herbal and medicinal creations.
Summer is gorgeous and smart and fun to be with, the perfect way to pass five months. It won’t be love—Ford’s got too many things to accomplish, too many places to go, before he settles down. Yet Summer pulls him in, challenging him to rethink his own philosophy.
When Ford’s five months are up, each of them must decide if love is really worth the risk.
A Risk Worth Taking, my new NA contemporary, is set on a crop farm in the mountains of southeastern Virginia. The male characters are alpha and sexy and country. I couldn’t help myself. These are my favorite characters in a guy! And I made a list of what a guy needs to qualify.
Top 10 Things That Make a Sexy/Sweet Country Boy
- A Truck. This is such a pre-req that if he doesn’t have that, I don’t care HOW many other items he has on this list, he’s not a country boy. Sorry. It doesn’t need a gun rack on the back and a dead animal in the truck bed to qualify and it doesn’t need mud splatters all up the side and along the tailgate—although you get points for that—it just needs four wheels, a cab, and a bed. Oh and that bench seat can’t be overlooked. I think it is the most adorable thing in the world when a girl can scoot and cuddle next to her country boy while he drives.
- A love for fried chicken and beer. If you go to the bar and order a Mike’s Hard Lemonade, we’re in a fight.
- Respect for Women. He better kiss his mama every Sunday and call every woman older than him ma’am.
- A know-how either under the hood or with a hammer. Somehow, I can’t conjure an image of a country boy who doesn’t know how to either fix his own truck OR build his own house. Or both. Mmm, yeah swing that hammer with a grease-stained hand… and when you’re done, I need an oil change. Thanks, baby.
- Slightly-snug jeans that hug all the right places. OHMYGOD I am a sucker for slightly-tight (NOT skinny-fit) jeans on a man. Snug at the hips and ass with boots at the bottom and a slight swagger…. *swoon* Country boys Do NOT wear suits to work. Your business attire is jeans and a button-down with the sleeves rolled to ¾ lengths—or you’re a poser.
- A love for sunsets and the woods at twilight. Country boys do not stay inside all day. They don’t have to hunt and fish every weekend, in fact that’s not preferred because I’m not into that and … well, ain’t nobody got time for that. But enjoy a bonfire or take me four-wheeling and we’re in business.
- The body of a country boy. Big arms, toned abs. Prove you’re not a stranger to manual labor. Mmm, yeah, throw that haybale while I watch your back and shoulders flex from the strain…
- Smarts. Do NOT succumb to the stereotype that “country” means “backwoods” or ignorant or less brain cells. Country boys are smart. Entrepreneurial. Educated. With deep thoughts and perceptive minds. And they even read for fun once in a while! ← Show me a girl that doesn’t think this is hot and I’ll show you a LIAR, LIAR, Pants on FIRE!
- Love. Maybe at first, he’s tough and rough at the edges—or all the way through. But by the end of the story (yours or the one you’re reading), this boy is sweet and loving and caring all the way through. And he says thinks like, “your eyes are unending depths, an ocean of love, and I want to drown in them forever.” Or something.
- Loyal. Once he’s met you and seen your “awesome” he knows no other girl will do. Ever. He’s so stuck on you he can’t see straight, let alone see other women. Except his mama, he will always love and appreciate his mama and shower her with gifts and kisses on Sundays.
What did I miss? Any other requirements for being a sexy/sweet country boy?
About the author:
Heather Hildenbrand was born and raised in a small town in northern Virginia where she was homeschooled through high school. She now lives in coastal VA, a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean, with her two adorable children. She works from home, part time, as a property manager and when she's not furiously pounding at the keyboard, or staring off into space whilst plotting a new story, she's lying on the beach, soaking in those delicious, pre-cancerous rays.
Heather loves Mexican food, hates socks with sandals, and if her house was on fire, the one thing she'd grab is her DVR player.
Heather is a co-founder of Accendo Press, a publishing group she operates with fellow authors: Angeline Kace and Jennifer Sommersby. Accendo (a-CH-endo), A Latin word, means “to kindle, illuminate, inflame, or set fire.” This is something Accendo strives to do inside a reader’s imagination with every title released. For a complete list of titles and author bios, visit www.accendopress.com.
Connect with Heather Hildenbrand: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
a Rafflecopter giveaway
|Check out more stops on the A Risk Worth Taking Blog Tour.|