Welcome to my stop on the Sweet Surrendering Blog Tour hosted by InkSlinger PR. For today's stop, I've got an awesome guest post by Chelsea M. Cameron to share with all of you as well as the tour wide giveaway, so do not go anywhere because there's a lot of epic going on here! Let's get to it!
About the book:
Title: Sweet Surrendering (Surrender Saga, #1)
Author: Chelsea M. Cameron
Release date: October 14, 2013
She’s his boss. He doesn’t care. This office isn’t big enough for the two of them…
When Rory Clarke ends up hiring the guy she spent one steamy night with to be her administrative assistant, she's determined to keep things professional.
Lucas Blaine has other plans for her. He wants Rory, and it’s hard to resist his stunning blue eyes, chin dimple and the way he fills out a suit. Everywhere she looks, there he is, giving her a panty-melting smile and pulling her away for the most amazing (and satisfying) sex she’s ever had in her life.
What starts off as one sexual encounter turns into multiple trysts in and out of the office and the lines she’d tried to draw so carefully are blurring. But the closer they get, the more Rory realizes that there are things about Lucas she doesn’t know, things he’s hiding from her. She’ll have to decide if she can surrender to her feelings or get out while she still can.
Top Ten Lucas and Rory Adorbs Moments
10. The job interview: “Would I get to see you go a little wild? Let your hair down?” He motioned to my tight chignon. Oh, he knew absolutely nothing about me. “How about we talk about you, Mr. Blaine, since you’re the one that needs a job?” I put emphasis on the word “job”. Mr. Blaine leaned back in his chair as if he were in his living room and gave me a whisper of a smile. “Aren’t you a little ray of sunshine?”
9. The first elevator ride to the office: He just grinned and handed me a bag. “Cheese Danish, cherry Danish, croissant and donut with strawberry frosting and sprinkles. I wasn’t sure what you liked.” His face was smug and I wanted to smack it and then smack a kiss on it. He seemed to read my thoughts again and turned his head to the side and moved his face closer to mine. I was captivated by his eyes and the enclosed space of the elevator and his smell and . . . The elevator dinged and the doors slid open, cutting off the moment. Lucas pulled back and shook his head and tried to hand me the bag again. I snatched it from him.
8. Their morning ritual: “You have to stop doing that, Mr. Blaine. I can get my own breakfast,” I said as I snatched the bag, pulled out a donut and handed him the bag back. “Strawberry frosted donut. Noted.” He grinned and took out the cherry Danish and I swore his eyes traveled up and down my body twice and my cheeks started getting red. HE KNEW. “You look very nice today, Miss Clarke, if I may say so without incurring a sexual harassment reprimand.”
7. The first office tryst: “But you are the boss, so I should probably satisfy you. Because when the boss is satisfied, everyone is satisfied.” As he said it, his hands reached around, unclasped my bra and pulled it over my arms. The table was cold on my bare back, but the rest of me was on fire. “I wouldn’t want to get a poor score on my performance review.”
6. Searching for Lucas'… desk… “Mr. Blaine, stop. You are doing exactly what I just told you not to do. Anyone could walk in. And it’s wrong. So—“ I was cut off by his hand racing up my leg. “Is this my desk? Is it here? Or maybe it’s further up?” His hand goes higher and I grab his wrist to stop it from going under my dress. Maybe I should start wearing pants. Then he wouldn’t have such easy access. That chastity belt would also be a good idea right about now.
5. Quoting Firefly: “Ah, that will be your misfortune. I may suddenly but inevitably betray you.” Wait. Hold up. “Did you just quote Firefly?” I said. He kept a straight face as we walked toward his door and he unlocked it. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
4. The s'mores: “Bad girl. We’re having s’mores.” “Really?” I hadn’t had one of those in a very long time. “I mean, unless you don’t like s’mores in which case, there’s the door.” He pointed and his face was serious. “You mean to tell me that if I didn’t like s’mores, you’d kick me out?” I raised my eyebrow. “I don’t want anyone in my house who doesn’t like s’mores.” “Well, it’s a good thing for you that I do.”
3. Being a sexcretary: “Aurora Clarke, Sexcretary? Is that what that says?” He asked, coming closer and leaning down to read it. I put my finger under his chin and moved his head up so he was looking in my eyes. “Tonight, I work for you. So, is there anything I can do for you, Mr. Blaine?” I clasped my hands behind me and stuck my boobs out.
2. Naked pacing: “Would pacing naked help? I know it would help me.” Yup, I called it. I whirled around and glared at him. He tried to look innocent. “What? I really think it would help give me some insight on the situation.” “And by ‘situation’ you mean my lady parts.” He pretended to be shocked.
1. The paper airplanes: He hung up and two seconds later another airplane sailed onto my desk. I hadn’t even seen him throw it and when I looked at his desk, he was typing like he nothing had happened. I unfolded the paper airplane and there was a note on it. Your boobs look great today.
About the author:
Chelsea M. Cameron is a YA/NA New York Times/USA Today Best Selling author from Maine. Lover of things random and ridiculous, Jane Austen/Charlotte and Emily Bronte Fangirl, red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, singing in the car and tweeting (this one time, she was tweeted by Neil Gaiman). She has a degree in journalism from the University of Maine, Orono that she promptly abandoned to write about the people in her own head. More often than not, these people turn out to be just as weird as she is.
Her New Adult Contemporary Romance titles include My Favorite Mistake, which has been bought by Harlequin along with a sequel, Deeper We Fall and Faster We Burn (April 20, 2013).
Her Young Adult books include Nocturnal, Nightmare and Neither, the first three books in The Noctalis Chronicles. The fourth and final book, Neverend will be out in 2013. Whisper, the first in The Whisper Trilogy is also available, with the second book in the series, Silence and the final book, Listen coming out in 2014.
Connect with Chelsea M. Cameron: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
a Rafflecopter giveaway