Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Nov 19, 2013

Drift Blog Tour: Excerpt


Welcome to my stop on the Drift Blog Tour hosted by InkSlinger PR. I am most thrilled to be on this tour because I adore Steph and Liz and I am so... all about this amazing series! Seriously. There's just so much that I love about it that I can't even!

After I finished Ties, I got my fangirl crayon and enthusiastically expressed my love to Steph and Liz and practically begged them to gimme, gimme, gimme more! So, when I heard that Enzo was getting a book, I nearly went to the psych ward. When I heard that Lydia was getting a book, by the time I finished fangirling, I ended up in the psych ward. ;p I'm so happy that majority of the cast of Silver Strand got a chance to tell us their stories because this amazing and wonderful group of characters is so super duper special to my heart.

I am so sad that this will be the end for them but... I'm definitely satisfied and content with where each of their lives ended up; it couldn't have been more perfect for each one of them.

Aah, before I get all mushy, let's get to today's post!

About the book:

Title: Drift (Lengths, #5)
Authors: Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt
Publisher: Self
Release date: November 10, 2013


There’s no way Lydia—oldest and most responsible of the tight-knit Rodriguez clan—is going to let her nosy family find out about the uncharacteristic work screw-up that landed her a paid suspension. To keep busy and avoid panic, she enrolls in a life enrichment class. The first guest speaker is a handsome artist with a wicked smile and eyes that melt right through her.

Even the “ice princess” can’t help but feel an immediate spark that lights her blood on fire.

Isaac Ortiz is unquestionably the sexiest man Lydia has ever met. The talented son of a famous Spanish artist, he’s constantly moving from one new glamorous city to another, working if and when the muse visits him.

He also has a stare that makes Lydia’s heart race and hands that look more than capable of making her scream with pleasure. She shouldn’t be attracted to this free-spirit who makes all his own rules—but she is.

There’s just one hiccup....Isaac is nineteen.

Lydia has lived her entire life firmly inside the box, and being with a younger man is definitely outside the safe confines she enjoys.

So why can’t she stay away from him? And why is she seriously considering his proposition to take off to a place she’s never been...just because?

When Lydia is invited back to work with a cleared name, she should be overjoyed.

But the reality is, Lydia doesn’t know what anchors her life anymore...or if she wants to be anchored at all. Should she travel the world with Isaac? Or continue down the road that she’s worked long and hard to pave for herself? Choosing one means losing the other, and Lydia isn’t sure if she’s ready to drift with the current that’s pulling her by the heart.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo

Excerpt from Drift:

No one can look me in the eye when the final verdict is delivered, and I, Lydia Rodriguez, magna cum laude graduate of UCLA school of law, youngest junior partner in the firm’s history, with my notable score on the Bar Mr. Sandberg never failed to mention at any business party, am suspended.

Not from the case.

From my position at the firm.

They’re going to investigate. Richard doesn’t even break a sweat. He knows I’m bleeding out like a sacrificial lamb, and he’s fine with it.

My own stupidity washes over me in crushing waves. What the hell was I thinking, risking everything for him?

I guess I was thinking that an older guy would have his feet on the ground. That an older lawyer specifically would understand my crazy work hours, my obsessive drive straight for the top, my need to run, unfettered, at full speed. So what if he couldn’t last long enough to get me to orgasm? So what if he’d rather watch CNN and fall asleep than cuff me to the bed and peel my naughtiest lingerie off of me? You can’t have it all.

I always knew I couldn’t have it all.

I just never expected to wind up with nothing.

Fuck.

I say the right things to my co-workers, I take deep breaths, smile and reassure them it will be fine, I will be fine.

Don’t worry, I tell them all, even though no one looks worried. Because they know I can rebound from anything? Or because these people I’ve worked side by side with for years really aren’t worried about me after all? As long as it isn’t them, it’s not something they’re going to lose sleep over...

I walk to my office and am extremely proud of myself for not punching Tanya in the face when she gives me a stricken look of mock sympathy. Then I grab my coat and briefcase, walk down to my car--a Mercedes I’m not going to be able to afford if this suspension isn’t temporary--and bawl my eyes out, beating on the steering wheel and screaming in the parking lot of the building that has owned me, body and soul, for the last five years. No one comes down to check on me, because no one would have expected this.

I’m Lydia Rodriguez.

Stone Cold Lydia. Pitbull Rodriguez.

I can handle anything.

Momo's mini, unedited review:

DRIFT was the perfect conclusion to the entire LENGTHS series! i absolutely loved it and the way how campbell and reinhardt were able to thoroughly and entirely capture the essence of family blew my heart to pieces. in all five books in the series, you get that each and every single time and it just makes my heart so very warm and fuzzy!

it breaks my heart, shatters even, to let the amazing cast of silver strand go... but every single character's story ended so perfectly that i couldn't be more content and happy. after finishing DRIFT, it reassured me that even though deo, cohen, gen, hattie, enzo, and now, lydia, even though their stories are over, their lives continue even if they're not written down. i mean, that's kinda like a "duh" point but campbell and reinhardt are so amazing at intertwining all of their characters' lives into each book that you get to see what everyone's doing even if they're not the focal point of the story, you know? so, even though DRIFT was lydia and isaac's story, i got to see where gen and adam took off to, what cohen and maren were busy doing, what surprise hattie and ryan had and it really makes letting them go just a little bit easier.

i don't want to get all teary-eyed but seriously, this series is crazy amazing and i couldn't be more happy with the way how things came to "the end." x) bravo steph and liz! you guys are amazing and wonderful and thanks for giving me such an amazing set of characters that have become very near and dear to my heart! i love every single member of silver strand and i am so happy they all got their happily-ever-afters! ♥

About the authors:

Steph Campbell grew up in Southern California, but now calls the Northeast home. She has one husband, four children and a serious nail polish obsession. She’s repped by Kevan Lyon at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.Steph’s works include Delicate, Grounding Quinn and Beautiful Things Never Last; My Heart for Yours and My Fate for Yours (with Jolene Perry); A Toast to the Good Times (with Liz Reinhardt) and the bestselling new adult Lengths series with Liz Reinhardt: Lengths, Depths, Limits, Ties, Riptides, and Drift.

Connect with Steph Campbell: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Liz Reinhardt was born and raised in the idyllic beauty of northwest NJ. A move to the subtropics of coastal Georgia with her daughter and husband left her with a newly realized taste for the beach and a bloated sunscreen budget. Right alongside these new loves is her old, steadfast affection and longing for bagels and the fast-talking foul mouths of her youth.

She loves Raisinettes, even if they aren't really candy, the Oxford comma, movies that are hilarious or feature zombies, any and all books, but especially romance (the smarter and hotter, the better), the sound of her daughter's incessantly wise and entertaining chatter, and watching her husband work on cars in the driveway.

She is the author of the Brenna Blixen series (Double Clutch, Junk Miles, Slow Twitch), the Youngblood series (Fall Guy, Perfectly Unmatched), and co-writes with the awesome Steph Campbell in the Lengths series (Lengths, Depths, Limits, Ties, Riptides, and Drift).

Connect with Liz Reinhardt: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

This tour is brought to you by:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p