Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Dec 27, 2010

Descent of the Angels Reading Challenge


So, how much do you love angels? *raises hands* I DO! I DO! I DO! I mean, who doesn't?! I've been all over Goodreads.com over these past couple of months that I've been blogging and I've discovered that there are quite a few coming out in 2011! So, you know what that calls for - A READING CHALLENGE! I am hosting this reading challenge called Descent of the Angels in honor of all these incredible novels!

The Challenge:
  •  To read twelve books that have at least one angel as a main character or have angels as the main focal point of the story.
Guidelines:
  • The books could be old releases or new releases!
  • They could also be cross-over reads (angel books that are being read for other challenges) and/or re-reads!
  • Sequels, prequels, etc. all count!
  • Adult books may count - as long as they have one angel as a main charater or have angels as the main focal point of the story! 
  • Only books read in 2011 will count towards the challenge!
  • The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st of 2011!
On the 1st of each month, I will make a post for the challenge with a Mr. Linky for those of you who want to post and share your review. You do not have to have a blog to participate; you can post your reviews on Goodreads, LibraryThing, Amazon, and/or B&N.

There will be a giveaway every month for those who post a review! The prizes will include books and swag; there will be substitute prizes for International participants.
*If any authors would like to donate items for the monthly prizes, please contact me!

To sign up:  Use the Linky below and link back to your blog or your challenge post. If you don't have a blog, list the books you would like to read or are planning to read in the comments section! You could sign up anytime throughout the year!

Any questions or comments, email me! Before you leave, don't forget to grab a button on my Descent of the Angels challenge page! Happy reading everyone!

*Update [02-08-11]: My Mister Linky subscription expired because now you have to pay for it, so here's a new linky. For those of you that have already signed up, if it's not too much trouble would you please link to your blog or challenge post again? Thank you so much! And I apologize because this is the second time that you guys have to do this, but I just want to keep track of everyone that signed up! New partcipants, welcome!*

*NOTE: I am using a new linky so if your challenge post URL is more than 100 characters, please leave the direct link to your challenge post in the comments and I'll find a way to link it! I apologize for the inconvenience!

20 comments:

  1. Great challenge, I hope I can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking you up on this challenge as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only one question: I will not have time to read until March because of a huge project at school, but is ok to participate from March to December? (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good challenge, I have so many angel books on my tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just joined yay! I'm a new follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some angels! This is going to be great!

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. So for this. Looks like I'm buying Angel books this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This must be the best challenge so far I found :) I have just entered :)
    + I am now a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome challenge, Ive posted my two angel reviews for jan 2011

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm so glad I found your fabulous reading challenge! I have Hale and Salvatore @ Supernatural Must Reads to thank, too -- I went to their blog tonight, and found your challenge button there.

    I've just become a follower of your blog, and am featuring this challenge on it, too. I also have your button, and I'm gonna start buying and reading angel books! In fact, I've just finished "Torment", by Lauren Kate, and am currently reading "Unearthly", by Cynthia Hand.

    Of course, I've already signed up to participate. Thanks for this great reading challenge! : )

    Maria @ http://twilightandotherdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw your post regarding the new linky, so I went ahead and posted my information again. However, I kinda made a boo-boo...I linked to the post that advertises the reading challenge. Silly me! I should have linked to my entire blog...so I did that. Just delete link #3, which is to the post only. Sorry for any inconvenience...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, you're right -- the link for the post is more directly related to the challenge, after all.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and happy reading to you, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. For some reason i couldn't copy/past any link and since my challenge URL is long and i would make a mistake most certainly trying to type it by myself i leave it here:
    http://bookstobrightenyourmood.blogspot.com/2011/01/descent-of-angels-reading-challenge.html

    Sorry for the inconvinience :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like an awesome challenge!!!!! Angel books are my absolute FAVORITE kind of book. I love them to no extent. :) expecially books about Fallen Angles,;) (I Love You Patch!!!!!!) Can't wait to start

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello this is an awesome challenge I just read about it the other day and I already finished :) so far i have read
    Lauren Kate Books ·1. PASSION · 2.TORMENT ·3. FALLEN
    Cassandra Clare TMI books
    4.City of Bones- 5.City of Ashes- 6.City of Glass- 7.City of Fallen Angels
    The Infernal Devices : 8.Clockwork Angel
    Becca Fitzpatrick books : 9.Hush, Hush ,10.Crescendo
    Alexandra Adornetto book : 11.halo
    Elizabeth Chandler : 12.Kissed by an Angel.
    so what should I do next??
    Razan.I

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angel Books I've already read:
    1. city of bones
    2. city of ashes
    3. city of glass
    4. city of fallen Angels
    5. the clockwork angel
    6. the clockwork prince
    7. hush,hush
    8. crescendo
    9. silence
    10. fallen
    11. torment
    12. passion
    13. a touch mortal
    14. Angelfire

    any other book suggestions??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p