Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Oct 15, 2012

Cover Reveal: The Crimson Hunt by Victoria H. Smith


Lately, Books Over Boys has been bringing you a whole lot of covers, haven't we? Well, today I have another one to share with you. I never heard of this one before so I'm glad I received the email to take part because after reading the synopsis, I kinda, sorta, really wanted to read it right then and there.

Even though there's been a whole lot of nothing but cover reveals here on Books Over Boys as of late, I hope that in seeing these covers, you guys will discover new books just like I have. And now, I present to your pretty little eyes, The Crimson Hunt by Victoria Smith!

Cover image designed by Michelle Johnson
Title: The Crimson Hunt
Author: Victoria H. Smith
Publisher: Indie-published
Release Date: November 12th, 2012

College junior Ariel Richmond is working on year three of Project Normalcy.

Her house reeks of keggers past and her bestie is just a slight bit vulgar. But the thing is—they both aid in making life refreshingly uneventful.

So much for hard-earned mediocrity when Luca Grinaldi appears on the scene.

Luca’s sudden presence on campus is hard to ignore. Those bright eyes act like a beacon to unsuspecting females, and with features like his, he’s got to be moonlighting for GQ. Luca hopelessly captivates Ariel with his confidence and charisma, but the mysteries surrounding him make him nearly untouchable. And just when Ariel grows close enough to unlock his secrets, a tragic event sends her life in a downward spiral.

That steady life is no longer an option and allies quickly become scarce. The mysterious Luca seems to be the only one willing to help her—but with that trust comes the burden of his secrets. He has a dark mission of otherworldly proportions, and is willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes to see it completed.

Gone are the days of simply maintaining normalcy, and if Ariel isn’t cautious with her trust, so soon may be her future.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I've had my head in cloud New Adult so I haven't read any Paranormal for quite a while now but this one screams it loud and clear and...my interest has definitely been peaked!

And, doesn't Luca just sound sexy? I just wanna know more about him! Oh wait, I'm supposed to be talking about the cover, I believe. First of all, it's purple--hello! I love me some purply awesomeness! And secondly, I love the flower. Okay, after typing that out, Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout just came to mind. It's not even the same, similar? Maybe. But this cover has its own uniqueness, such as the illusion of like...a glittery sparkle that comes out from the flower.

Also, there's people on the cover. That's the one thing I'm not feelin' so much. I'm not a huge fan of book covers with people's faces on 'em; it ruins the image of the characters for me a little bit. Other than that, I love the cover. I'm also drawn to the coloring of the title and the font of it as well.

Okay, so a few of you guys might have to confirm or deny this (hopefully, confirm or else I really am losing it) but if you look really closely above the "u" and "n" in hunt, is there an eye there? An eye like that of a horse? Maybe...?

Aah, anyway...what do you think of this cover? Have you heard of it before? After reading the synopsis, what did you think? Tell me in the comments below, eh?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The Crimson Hunt Playlist


Aah, I love book playlists! Me, book playlists, and books go together like a PB&J sandwich! Plus, it's an excellent way to discover new songs and artists! Eep! Check out the playlist to The Crimson Hunt and let me know which song off this playlist is your favorite!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

More About the Author:

Victoria H. Smith has a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. She puts it to good use writing romance all day. She resides in the Midwest with her Macbook on her lap and a cornfield to her right. She often draws inspiration for her stories from her own life experiences, and the twenty-something characters she writes give her an earful about it.

In her free time, she enjoys extreme couponing, blogging, reading, and sending off a few tweets on Twitter when she can. She writes new adult fiction romance in the sub-genres of science fiction, urban fantasy, and contemporary, but really, anywhere her pen takes her she goes.

Find Victoria H. Smith Online: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the cover Momo! I enjoy your observations and can't wait to share the story with fellow new adult lovers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p