Author: Nicole Williams
Release Date: July 20th, 2012
Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents.
Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.
Jude's everything she knows she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find, is the only thing she's incapable of.
For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.
Nicole Williams's Favorite Quotes from Clash:
1. “Love isn’t only love, sweetheart. It’s hard work, and trust, and tears, with even a few glimpses of devastation. But at the end of each day, if you can still look at the person at your side and can’t imagine anyone else you’d rather have there, the pain and heartache and the ups and downs of love are worth it.”
2. “I love you, Jude.” … “And that makes me the luckiest bastard in the world.”
3. “If you say you’re going to trust your man, then trust your man. Don’t revoke that privilege when he needs it most.”
4. “Love isn’t easy. Especially the really good kind. It’s difficult, and you’ll want to rip your hair out just as many days as you’ll feel the wind at your back. But it’s worth it. It’s worth fighting for. Don’t let what isn’t real blind you from what is. Life isn’t perfect, we sure as shit aren’t perfect, so why should we expect love to be?”
5. “I’ll always be here, Luce. I’m yours,” he breathed, squeezing my hands, “forever.”
Momo's Favorite Quotes from Clash:
1. "Love is just as much suffering as it is sweetness. If it was perfect, that's what they'd call it. They wouldn't call it bittersweet."
2. "Jude was a roller coaster — I was a roller coaster. Together we created that super-duper-looper thing. It was scary, standing on the ground and looking up at it, but if that's the ride I had to take to be with Jude, I'd be first in line."
3. "He was crouching in the middle of the road, his breath steaming up the night air, and his head hung like he was both praying and accepting his punishment."
4. "Letting out the breath he'd been holding captive, he folded me into his arms and Jude Ryder hugged me. He hugged me like I was everything he wanted and everything he could never have. He hugged me without the expectation of one embrace leading to something else.
It was the most intimate moment we'd shared. Fully clothed, vertically aligned, mouths separated, and I was drowning in intimacy."
5. "I can forgive a man's past faults, his present shortcomings, and his future failures if every minute of every day he loves me like it's his religion."
And finally, I present to you, part two of Jude Ryder's point of view of chapter ten from Clash.
Note: There aren't any spoilers in either of these posts (POV #1) but if you're a stickler about even just the tiniest things, I suggest not reading either one--just to be safe.
Oh Jude--such a tortured and misunderstood guy! Chapter ten and eleven from Clash have got to be two of the most emotional and heartbreaking chapters throughout the entire novel, I think. *sigh* I love Jude.
Anyway, let me know what you thought of the rest of that scene in the comments below! I would love to hear what's going through your head, lol! Also, what do you think of the quotes from above? If you've read Crash and/or Clash, what are some of your favorite comments?! Let me know, let me know, let me know!
Crash Blog Tour Giveaway:
-ONE entry per household.
- Must be 13 years or older to enter.
- Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be chosen.
- Open to ALL.
- Giveaway ends Friday, October 19th, 2012 at 12:01am EST.
- Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway Note: If the winner is from the United States, they could choose from a paperback or e-book set of Crash and Clash. If the winner is international, they will receive an e-book set of Crash and Clash.
More About the Author:
Find Nicole Williams Online: Blog | Twitter | Facebook
|Check out more stops on the Crash Blog Tour.|