Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Oct 8, 2012

Crash Blog Tour: Jude POV Guest Post #1


Oh my goodness, welcome to my stop on the #NeedMoreJudeDude blog tour hosted by yours, truly! Obviously, I am dumb crazy in love with this book and I really don't know why I am so hooked but...who cares, right? I just am. Today, I have a very special treat to share with all you Jude fans and that's a scene from his point of view from Clash, book two.

I don't know how many of you have already read Clash but for those of you who haven't, I promise this isn't anything spoilery. It might actually make that scene more understandable from Lucy's POV once you get to it.

Jude is such a character that I just can't ever get enough of him so I was thrilled to be able to get inside his head and just see how he thinks, lmao! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as myself! Ooh, and you see how my title includes #1? Well, there's two parts to his POV, so check back in on Friday, October 12th for the rest of this awesome scene!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

About the Book:

CrashTitle: Crash
Author: Nicole Williams
Publisher: Self-published
Release Date: July 20th, 2012


Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents.

Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.

Jude's everything she knows she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find, is the only thing she's incapable of.

For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

My Review:

Crash takes you through the rollercoaster ride of insanity! Good insanity, of course. Crash takes you through the ups and downs that every relationship experiences, except times all that stuff by ten, the twists and turns that life always finds a way at throwing at you, the loops and drops that have you questioning if God could really be that cruel—yeah, one rollercoaster ride you won’t be able to resist! Crash was addicting and it had a little bit of everything that will bring forth all your emotions, one at a time. And with one novel, Nicole Williams instantly became a Favorites Shelf author! If you’re looking for a novel with sadness, pain, inspiration and hope, please, please, please pick up Crash because this novel will be unforgettable!


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Nicole Williams's Favorite Quotes from Crash:

1. “You can’t be friends with the person you were meant to spent your life with.”
2. "Your past doesn't have to dictate your future."
3. “It’s not hard to recognize something special when life’s thrown a lotta shit your way.”
4. “You’ve got all my firsts,” he said. “All the ones that matter.”
5. “It always amazes me how when we’re sure we’ve lost something for good, it winds up finding us.”

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Momo's Favorite Quotes from Crash:

1. "Jude Ryder wasn't only trouble, he was trouble with a side of danger and a dessert of heartache."
2. “The name’s Jude Ryder, since I know you’re all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don’t do girlfriends, relationships, flowers or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special.”
3. “This man was the pope, president, and god of dodging the topic. Too bad for him he was dealing with the queen, holy mother, and empress of seeing through a man’s stream of shit.”
4. "He kissed me then, exhibiting the patience of a man who considered the future, and with the urgency of a man who lived for right now. It was, without a doubt, the best kiss of my life."

I for seriously cheated on this but I really couldn't help myself. Especially with this last one. But...I just love it so much!

5. "He hit the back of his head against the wall a few times. 'Okay, so something between one day at a time and forever,' he said, searching the ceiling for an answer that would appease me. 'But you want an honest answer too, right?'

'Only you would have to clarify that,' I groaned.

He nodded once, meeting my eyes. 'How about,' he said, rendering me witless with the look in his eyes, 'I'll be here, each day and every day on, as long as you want me to be?'

I finally got that whole, be still, my beating heart line. 'And that's the honest answer?'

Jude crossed his fingers over his chest. 'Honestly.'

'That's a damn fine answer, Ryder,' I said, walking up to him."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

And now, onto that POV that you're all but salivating like a rabid dog to read! Hahahaha, I'm dying over here! I probably slaughtered a very priceless Jude Ryder quote but I just couldn't help it! Seriously, that has got to be one of the most epic introductions ever! Anyway, here's Jude's POV! See if you guys can spot which scene this is! ;)

My head throbbed. My chest throbbed. Lucy. 
            My head pulsed. My chest pulsed. Lucy.
            That was all my mind was able to comprehend in my drunken stupor.
            My head ached. My chest ached. Lucy. 
            It was like having a recurring dream every two seconds. 
            My head pounded. My chest pounded. Lucy.  
            And then she wasn’t just in my head. Her small gasp cut through my ears right before something shattered. The sounds jerked me awake, forced me out of the drunken haze. 
            As I blinked my eyes a few times to force them to clear, I felt thick steam roll over my body. My eyes started to focus and the first thing I noticed was the tequila bottle I still clutched like a life vest. I’d wondered earlier tonight how much it would take to drown out everything and almost an entire bottle wasn’t up to the task. It was to blame for the throbbing head, but it came up with shit to wipe out the ache in my chest. 
             I was about to groan from my temples pulsing with pain when my eyes skidded down my body. Why the hell was I buck ass naked? I scanned my last memories before passing out. They were hazy, vague, but I never crawled into bed without a pair of boxers on. I never slept naked unless . . .
            “Oops. We weren’t exactly expecting you.”
            That’s when my gaze shifted to a wet, equally naked body turning in my direction. Adriana. 
            Shit. 
            And then I felt her with such a certainty she could have been winding her fingers through mine right now. 
            Lucy.
            My gaze leapt to where she was, backing out of my room liked she wished the hallway would swallow her up, looking at me like she’d never experienced betrayal before this moment. 
            Something so raw it was primal clutched my throat. 
            When she spun around and rushed out of the room, I went on autopilot. I couldn’t think about what the hell had just happened, or what happened in the hours I had no memory of, or what tomorrow would hold for Lucy and me. 
            Popping up off the bed, I didn’t even glance over at Adriana, who was still standing in the same place, dripping skank-soaked water onto my floor. I lunged across the room, slowing just enough to snatch a pair of the boxers littering the floor.
            “Luce!” I hollered, hearing her footsteps slamming down the stairs. She was hustling the hell out of here and I knew if I didn’t catch her before she got away, I would be as good as a lost cause to her come morning. 
            Not about to waste the second or two it would take to slide into my boxers, I clutched them in front of my man area and hauled ass down the hallway. I heard Tony’s voice downstairs. Lord, please stop her. Stop her long enough I can grab her and lock the two of us in a room until we sort out whatever cluster f-bomb just went off. 
            “Luce!” I yelled again, my feet pounding down the hall, shaking the walls. “Wait!”
            Reaching the stairs, the only sight of her I caught was her long hair flying through the front door. Shit. She was moving. The faster I seemed to move, the farther she seemed to get away. No one could outrun me on the football field, but when it actually mattered, I couldn’t go fast enough.
            I leapt down the stairs, tripping over one of them. I face-planted on the first floor. My ankle might have been sprained and one of my wrists was definitely suspect, but the adrenaline firing through me didn’t let the pain register. 
            “Ryder?” Tony called over at me as I righted myself. “What the hell is going on?”
            I didn’t acknowledge him. I couldn’t. I’d just heard a car door opening and I didn’t need two guesses to know it was a little Mazda’s. Rushing for the front door, I felt a jolt of pain shoot up my calf from my ankle, but it didn’t slow me. If anything, the pain sped me up. 
            Putting on the brakes in the doorway, I braced myself against the door jam. My eyes found her instantly. She glanced up at me, her face still twisted, before she sucked in a deep breath and looked away. 
            Her tires squealed, spinning against the ice and getting nowhere. She wasn’t only trying to get the hell away from me, she couldn’t seem to get away fast enough. 
            “No, Luce!” I screamed, the words so painful I could have sobbed, but I didn’t. I kept it inside and focused on getting to her. I had to get to her. I had to stop her. I had to explain what I wasn’t sure how to explain to myself yet. If she got away, I had this stomach twisting feeling I’d never see her again. 
            She hit the gas again and, this time, the tires eased across the ice, slowly picking up speed. 
            Damn it! 
            Leaping down the stairs, I cursed when my ankle hit the ground. Biting my cheek to diffuse the pain, I focused on Luce’s car and sprinted across the lawn. She was moving, but I was moving faster. I’d get to her. 
            “Lucy!” I hollered, lunging into the street, my bare feet sliding across the ice to smack me into the side of her car. 
            She flinched inside, screaming in shock. The car sped up. 
            I couldn’t keep this pace up much longer. Pounding on the passenger window, I stared at her. She wouldn’t look over; she just clutched the steering wheel like it was her saving grace. “Stop, Lucy!” I shouted, trying to grab the door handle. “Don’t do this!”

Umm, yeah! I know how you're feeling! Oh man, now it all makes that much more sense, doesn't it? Oh goodness, I love Jude! Well, let me know what you think of *flails arms around crazily* all of that in the comments below, eh?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Crash Blog Tour Giveaway:

-ONE entry per household.
- Must be 13 years or older to enter.
- Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be chosen.
- Open to ALL.
- Giveaway ends Friday, October 19th, 2012 at 12:01am EST.
- Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway Note: If the winner is from the United States, they could choose from a paperback or e-book set of Crash and Clash. If the winner is international, they will receive an e-book set of Crash and Clash.

More About the Author:

I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write young adult because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings. Here's to staying young at heart *raises champagne glass* . . . care to join me?

Find Nicole Williams Online: Blog | Twitter | Facebook






Check out more stops on the Crash Blog Tour.

17 comments:

  1. Awwwww!!! I LOVE this book and the series so soooo much!!!
    And I love the quotes you and Nicole picked.
    But. this one is one of my favorite lines ever
    “You’ve got all my firsts,” he said. “All the ones that matter.” "

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I loved Jude like everyone else seems to, but this scene is even more of a reason why I don't like him much. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he seems to keep proving himself to be exactly what I think of him. I really did like Crash though and will eventually read Clash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Jude so much also. I love that you put this together. I really can't wait to read Judes POV #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart ached for him at this point and I wanted to do physical harm to Adriana Vix several times.... Does that make me a bad person?? LOL maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved that! I knew what scene that's from!! Now I have the strong urge to reread the books!!
    I love me some Jude Ryder!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very much in l-l-love with Jude Ryder.
    i love every quote that was up there.
    and do you know how many times i killed Adriana Vix in my head? Many times~
    and i love the switched POV~

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really hope there are gonna be some excerpts from jude's POV!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful excerpt! Jude's and Lucy's story is such a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah! We need the rest of that scene from his POV PRONTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This scene just...no words. I love Jude, hate that Vix bitch and and so frustrated by Lucy. I read this book in less then a day. I could NOT. STOP. READING! LOVED it! Still #NeedMoreJudeDude! Hoping for another book, maybe in Jude's POV...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the covers. They say never judge a book by its cover, but these covers make me want to read these books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with this books! I love Jude! I I read Crash because of you! You always recommend pretty awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. This looks like a great book. I'd love to read about how Jude and Lucy fall in love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a sexy and intense book...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVED Crash but I have yet to read Clash. I would love to be able to win, so thank you so much for this opportunity!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. NO JUDE! Now, I have to read this book after reading the clip above.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Jude and Lucy. It would be great of there will be Book 3- a trilogy!

    jrb24601 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p