Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Oct 23, 2012

Cover Reveal: Shadow of the Mark by Leigh Fallon


Today's cover reveal is epic and I can't wait to show you guys the cover! I haven't read book one yet but I've heard that lots of readers love it so I should probably move it up the pile. Without delaying the wait any longer, here's the cover to Shadow of the Mark, sequel to Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon!


Title: Shadow of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release date: July 9, 2013

Life for Megan Rosenberg just got a lot more complicated.

While she evoked the air element, and her feelings for Adam intensified, a web of lies, deceit, and betrayal has been spun around her. With the Order tightening its hold, and the reinstatement of the Mark Knights, Megan has more questions than answers as the Marked Ones grow in strength.

New people arouse suspicion, the DeRises start behaving strangely, and Megan begins to unravel a destiny shrouded in mystery. It's a destiny the Order has struggled to hide, and a destiny someone from the past?far in the past, has already laid claim to.

Alliances will be made, and friends will be lost, as the Order?s dark secrets are revealed by the very thing they sought to destroy.
Pre-order: Amazon

A closer look at all books in series:

Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1)Shadow of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #2)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I love it! I love the color and the bottom where all the purple comes out--it's gorgeous! I also love how the background is darker, more ominous! I also love the fact that it's simple yet it still says a lot, both covers, actually. The only thing that I'm not feeling so much is the hair and arm of the model. I feel like it was flipped from book one to book two and they just put on a different colored dress. But overall, I still think the cover is amazing; I think I like this one more than book two! What do you guys think?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Leigh Fallon on the cover:

I know, there's no mistaking it. This is definitely a Carrier Series cover, but that was the intention. After the amazing reception to the cover of Carrier of the Mark, HarperCollins wanted Shadow's cover to be instantly recognizable. And it is, but the new darker color palette reflects the darker tone that this installment brings, and the pink and purple really make it pop. I love it and think HarperCollins have done another amazing job. I hope you like it too.

About the author:

Leigh Fallon
I started out life in South Africa. A year later my parents moved home to Dublin, Ireland. When I was older and realized my parents had moved me from exotic Durban, to sedate Rathfarnham, Dublin 16, I was rightly ticked off.

Giving up lions for sheep, I grew up in the foothills of the Dublin Mountains where I went to a convent school and had to contend with uniforms, gabardines, and nuns. When not dodging the beady glare of the Sisters of Mercy, I was devouring every book I could get my hands on.

I traveled all over Europe while working in banking and treasury, but I gave up my calculator in favor of a keyboard and haven't stopped writing since. My first book, Carrier of the Mark, was published by HarperTeen in 2011.

Our home is in Cork in the south of Ireland, but we're currently on loan to Massachusetts in the US where I continue to write books about magic, ghosts, and romance, with a bit of Irish flavor.

Find Leigh Fallon online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Blog

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway

17 comments:

  1. The cover is pretty and I love the purple, but I didn't expect it to be that similar to the first cover... Think I'll give the sequel a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel that they just flipped the picture from the cover in book one and changed the color scheme. It's gorgeous, but I really wish they gave us a new picture, maybe also a different background/setting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really love that cover! It looks so powerful like she is taking off. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I love the cover for Shadow of the Mark even better than I loved the Carrier of the Mark cover!

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover! The purple is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is stunning! I kind of want that dress, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is stunning, and this series sounds amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And my tumblr post: http://teenysez.tumblr.com/post/34273190107

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of disappointed that they used almost the same cover but I love the new colors anyways. :P Thanks for the giveway!

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so gorgeous!! Though kinda disappointed that it's really similar to the first cover..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Personally I like to have at least two books in a series available before starting it. Given that I have the Carrier of the Mark on my TBR shelf at home waiting on the Shadow of the Mark so I don't know all the ins and outs of the series to know what the cover represents...but I think the covers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours, and how it suits the first cover.

    I've featured this cover in my weekly meme at:
    http://behindamillionandonepages.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/coverday-friday-13.html

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover is stunning! It really suits the first cover in this series as well!

    I posted it here when it was first released: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Book-Crazy/464076600289542

    Thank you so much for the giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p