Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Oct 26, 2012

Cover Reveal: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins


I'm so seriously stoked to be sharing today's cover with all of you! To be honest, I haven't read this series yet and I'm kicking myself for it because a ton of bloggers love it to pieces. I mean, there's even a read along going on right now for book one. Needless to say, I need to read this series like. . . yesterday!

Here's a fun little tidbit I thought I'd share with you before we get to the cover. So let me just say that I get really nervous when I talk to characters. And that probably sounds weird but I mean talk as in a character interview and stuff. It's one thing to gush and gush and gush about them but to actually be talking to them. . . yeah, freaks me out a bit. Here's a very short conversation with the one and only Kaidan Rowe that sorta had me losing my balls! ;)


Lmao, it's not much of anything but I didn't think I'd get a reply. Also, another confession: I get a whole lot more nervous to talk (tweet) to authors when I haven't read their books. I just feel. . . like there's no connection or whatever (that's probably, most likely just me) and so when I tweeted the one and only, Kaidan Rowe without having read about him, I was like, "Eh, he won't see this tweet! I'm good!" But when I got a response and the conversation went on for a bit longer, I was like:




Hah, now just imagine when I finally do read all about him! Oh goodness. Oh. Right. I digress. I now present to all of you the cover to Sweet Peril, sequel to Sweet Evil, by Wendy Higgins!


Title: Sweet Peril
Author: Wendy Higgins
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release date: April 30, 2013

Anna Whitt, daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a claim. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?
Pre-order now: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

A closer look at all books in series:

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I absolutely love the cover for Sweet Peril, I think I love it more than Sweet Evil. Having them side by side though, I see things that I like and dislike about each. I love the background for Sweet Evil but I feel like the background for Sweet Peril is a bit too plain. (Do keep in mind that I haven't read this series so I don't know how big of a role the cover plays for both stories.) I like the dress in Sweet Peril more than Sweet Evil; I think it's the fanning out that I'm not feeling as much. As for both of the covers, I feel that the girl model's arms are a bit awkward but I do like how both of them are posed, especially in Sweet Evil, how she's leaning into him to hear his whisper.

But I don't know. . . something about the cover for Sweet Peril pulls my eyes in more. What do you guys think? How are you guys feeling about this cover? Ooh, before you guys jet-ski out of here, I have to share one more thing with you and it's that. . .

Book 3 of The Sweet Trilogy, Sweet Reckoning, is slated for spring/summer 2014.

How 'bout that? How awesome, right? Mark your calendars and etch that date into your mind! I'm sure you don't want to miss out on more Kaidan Rowe goody goodness! ;)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

About the author:

Wendy Higgins was born in Alaska, grew up an Army brat, and lived all over the United States before settling in the Washington, DC area. She attended George Mason University for her undergrad degree in creative writing, and Radford University for her masters in curriculum and instruction. Wendy taught 9th and 12th grade English in a rural school before becoming a mother and author. She now lives in Northern Virginia with her husband, daughter, and son. Sweet Peril is her second novel.

Find Wendy Higgins online: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Sweet Evil series online: Kaidan Rowe's Twitter | Sweet Evil on Facebook


9 comments:

  1. I love the colors on this cover and I think that they look so pretty together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momo!! I think you need to read Sweet Evil!! :)
    And I love the cover for Sweet Peril!
    I also agree with you, the red dress isn't my favorite, I like the black one more. I didn't notice/pay that much attention to her arms, but now that you've mention it, they are positioned a bit awkward...
    But I do like both covers though :)

    Can't wait to have this book, and the 3rd one!
    Thanks for sharing :D

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you really do need to read it! The book is awesome...and the boy, well, he's definitely worth the read. Hope you get to it soon and enjoy! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover is just too pretty for words! Momo you need to meet Kai, I think you'll live him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Evis is my favorite read of 2012.
    You are missing out

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about getting nervous over character interviews! I feel like I have to come up with super great questions to match with my character love.

    I haven't read this series either but I do like the covers! I like how they match each other. Hopefully the third one stays in the same vein as the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    Interesting blog. Welcome to http://filmandotherstories.blogspot.se/.

    :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for the third book! This book had a really good story line with alot of action going on. It was definitely worth the buy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p