Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Oct 13, 2012

Deity Book Trailer and Apollyon Cover Reveal‏

Photobucket

Today is a very epic day because well, whenever the great and amazing Jennifer L. Armentrout is involved, epicness occurs. As the title of this post states, I'm helping out in the Deity book trailer reveal as well as the cover reveal for Apollyon.

I am a huge fan of all things JLA although I am quite ashamed to admit that I have yet to read Deity or any of the Lux books. *hides and ducks from pitchforks* Ooh, I should probably not mention that I also haven't read Cursed or Tempting the Best Man. Man, that makes me look like I am not as big of a fan as I say I am. Oh boy, this is starting to look really bad.

But hey, that doesn't matter. After reading JLA's Covenant series (well, the first two books, anyway), I was hooked hard, for life, even. It's just...JLA is a mad writing machine and she can whip out a book faster than Willow Smith can say I whip my hair back and forth! No joke, people! Jennifer L. Armentrout is a writing beast and she has about eleven or so books out and/or releasing that it's almost, sorta hard to keep up!

Anyway, I will remedy all of that soon (I oh-so very hope-so)! I didn't watch the trailer for Deity because I'm not going to spoil anything for myself so after you watch it, just leave me a comment saying something along the lines of: "Oh my gosh--amazing!" or "You're crazy, read the book!" or "WOW!" I mean, all three will make me feel that much more horrible for not reading the book yet but hey, that's your job so I'll read it sooner, right? Totally right.

Aah, do not even get me started on the cover for Apollyon. I totally think it's my second favorite, right after Half-Blood but I mean, Half-Blood is number one because well it's book one and it's purple and who doesn't love purple? Back to the cover for Apollyon. It's gorgeous and shining and all UP IN YOFACE. Oh, and it's super sparkly too--it just glows. Seriously.

And here's a little fun fact for all of you to ponder over a bit before you guys set eyes on the cover. Although, you guys might just skim over all of this because this is just too much writing to read, lol. Even I agree but I just had to let my JLA fan-girl have a say.

Click on image to zoom in.

This was a part of a comment thread in my post for the Deity cover reveal that took place during the YA Heroine Tournament last winter. Kate Kaynak, the editor of JLA's Covenant series had asked if I had any guesses for what color book 4--Apollyon--would be and I said orange or yellow. So, you think about that...

Now, onto the book trailer for Deity!


Title: Deity
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: November 6th, 2012

History is on repeat, and things didn’t go so well the last time.

Alexandria isn’t sure she’s going to make it to her eighteenth birthday–to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she’s a goner… and so is Aiden.

If that’s not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time “training”–which really is just Seth’s code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time–she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she’s caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed… and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate…
Barnes & Noble | Amazon | IndieBound | Book Depository

Official Deity Book Trailer


Did you read an ARC of Deity and been dying to get your hands on Elixir, the novella told in Aiden’s POV and picks up right after the end of Deity? Well, you don’t have to wait any longer. The free novella is available now. DO NOT read Elixir if you have not read Deity. It will spoil Deity for you and not to mention, you will have no idea what is going on.

Elixir will be available in print. Kindle, and Nook formats on November 27, 2012.

Click here to read Elixir.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Eep, did ya here that!? Elixir, dude. Efreakinglixir. I mean, yeah I haven't read Deity but oh man, do I love Aiden St. Delphi or wh-wh-what? Don't forget that date right there. At the strike of midnight, you best be ready to purchase and read! Ooh, that's my goal. To read Deity by then so I'll be ready for Aiden's novella. Yes, perfect goal.

So, how was the trailer? Tell me all about its epicness in the comments below! I mean it, tell me. But don't ya dare give anything away. Is that challenging? Must be. A bit. Aah, now onto the next piece of amazing-ness from today's epic post: the cover reveal for Apollyon.

Well, were you able to guess its color? I was so not joking on the shimmering, glowing, sparkly part. It's just so...my, my, my--I love.

Okay, by now you're probably like, "Screw this! I'll go to another blog to look at the cover since she's taking half a millennium to get to it!" So, without further ado...here is the stunning cover to Apollyon, book four in the Covenant series.


Title: Apollyon
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: April 9th, 2013

BLURB TO COME! BLURB TO COME! BLURB TO COME! BLURB TO COME!

A Closer Look At All Books In Series:

Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)Pure (Covenant, #2)
Deity (Covenant, #3)Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

image
Both of these .gifs pretty much explain everything.

Wow. When you have all the covers side by side like that--gorgeous! I have to say though, when looking at all of them, Deity is my least favorite. It's because it features the neck of a person. Like I mentioned a couple of times already, I haven't read Deity but I know that the cover portrays a huge part in the book so it's important but because of that, it's my least favorite.

Also, when you look at all of them, Pure and Apollyon have more of the same effect, if that makes sense. They have more of that glow around the flower. And I'm a sucker for that glow so I love both of those like crazy. My favorites are in this order: Half-Blood, Pure and Apollyon are tied, Daimon, and then Deity. Which one is your favorite and in what order? Do share!

But anyway, back to the cover of Apollyon. What are you guys feeling? Like it? Love it? Hate it? My first thought was: *gasp* WOW! Lol, seriously. I was taken aback for a bit. Then I came back and was like, "Woo-oo-oow!"

Leave me a comment below about anything and all things Covenant related. Well, anything and everything besides spoilers, that is. Or else...I'll come after you with my pitchforks. Baha!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

More About the Author:

USA TODAY Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russel Loki.

Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She also writes adult romance under the name J. Lynn.

Find Jennifer L. Armentrout Online: Website | Twitter | Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Even tho u haven't read the others, I'm glad you've read this series bc IMHO it's her best! :)

    Seriously tho, u need to get on the other books! *FOR SHAME* :P

    Hope you read Deity & Elixir next month for the JLA Reading Challenge!!!!

    Vivian
    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them so much!! I agree about Deity though, it is very distracting to have the neck in the cover. I love Elixir! It's just so awesome. I love how real it looks! Anyways, The trailer for Deity isn't spoilery at all. I haven't read Deity yet either. (Coming up super soon though since my tour stop is Nov. 2nd)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deity has been the best of all the books so far, at least to me. Can't wait for you to read it, and girl......you need to get all up on some Daemon. Can't wait to hear what you think about the Lux series when you read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this series. I love how they all look together!!!!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My productivity at work on November 7th is going to be soooooo bad. Thank you JLA for writing such addicting books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p