Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 13, 2011

Once Upon A Read-a-Thon: Update and Mini Challenges!

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

Today is the third and last day in the Once Upon a Read-a-thon! How did you do? Did you reach your goal? For me, sadly I didn't. I only finished A Touch Mortal and I know that we still have a lot of hours left to go but today is also the first day in Patch's match day against Ren...so my day is devoted to voting for him. Everything's been put on pause and pushed to the side! See? What did I say about myself and goals? I feel like once they're said out loud or made public or something, I won't go through with them. I don't know. It might just be me. Even if I my goal was just one book, I probably wouldn't have gotten to that either. I know that the read-a-thon is not to see how many books you can read or how fast you can read, but still, I feel like an epic failure for not going through with my goals. Oh well, I guess.

Read-a-thon Mini Challenge #1
This challenge is hosted by Ashley over at Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing.

The challenge: recommend two books to Ashley. The deets from Ashley herself:
The first is any book of your choice. Pick any book you want and tell me and the world why it should be read and loved.

The second is what you would pick as your favorite of the read-a-thon. You can chose to answer this question now, during the third day, or I'll give you one extra day to give that book just waiting to be picked up a chance. :)
So my first book recommendation to Ashley would most definitely have to be The Crescent by Jordan Deen. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone who can read! I just can't say enough good stuff about this series! Everything about it is amazing! The plot, the love story - I mean, nothing in this world would last if there wasn't a love story, now would it? ;) The characters are amazing, the twist and the turns, every OMG to WHAT THE F**K! Haha! I still haven't written my review for this book because I still can't find the right words to do this book any justice! It's everything I could ask for in a book AND MORE; the laughter, the anger, the Ohmygawd! What the heck is she thinking? I just want to punch her one time feeling, all those times where your heart clenches - the kind where you actually have to take your wrist and pound your heart a few times to resuscitate it manually - EVERYTHING, I tell you! EVERY. THING. Just read it and then come back and tell me whether or not you liked it! Words can only do so much right? It all lies in the actions!

The Crescent (The Crescent, #1)    Half Moon (The Crescent, #2)
Books in the series, thus far.

The second book that I recommend to Ashley, would of course, have to be A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford! Oh my goodness! I finished this one on Monday and I did not know what kind of ride I was in for! Wow, it is still all so fresh in my mind; if I close my eyes, everything flashes in front of my eyes like a movie! The breeze, the coldness, the sidewalks, the city lights, the cars honking - SIGH. Yet, behind all of this, wicked things are going on! I am astounded by the world that Leah Clifford created! It's so dangerous. Yeah, that's definitely the word I was looking for. Very dangerous and I was just like, "But...but, she's all alone; doing all this and that by herself!" BUT that's exactly why Leah Clifford's debut is so kick-ass! Her characters aren't lacking...in anything; they've all got edge and attitude! I read through ATM so fast, I still can't believe half the things that happened! Ashley, if you heart angels, bad-ass characters, a twisted yet amazing plot - YOU MUST READ A TOUCH MORTAL, like yesterday already! ;)

    
Books in this series, thus far.
______________________________________________________

Read-a-thon Mini Challenge #2
This challenge is hosted by Sabrina over at YA Bliss.

The challenge: list your top three love triangles. The details from the one and only, Sabrina:
In my opinion, a well done love triangle should be one where the choice is not clear, where you can't help but being torn yourself between both characters and you are uncertain as to which will end up being 'the one'. So if you were, lets say Team Mr. Obvious from book 1, and he ended up getting the girl and you were stoked about it because you hated Mr. Wrong all along, that is NOT a good love-triangle. That is merely A love-triangle. Got it?
My top three love triangles would most definitely have to be:
  1. Brandon-Lacey-Alex in Jordan Deen's The Crescent series.
  2. Ren-Calla-Shay in Andrea Cremer's Nightshade series.
  3. Jared-Melanie/Wanda-Ian from Stephenie Meyer's The Host series.
The Crescent (The Crescent, #1)    Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)    

1 comment:

  1. This looked so fun, I totally wish I would have participated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p