Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jul 11, 2011

Once Upon A Read-a-Thon!

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

Woot woot! I think everyone has been waiting for this read-a-thon because I sure have! It's a lot of motivation for me to get some much needed reading in...especially during the summer time! There are lots of people on twitter that are so pumped for it and seeing all their tweets make me just as excited! For some reason though, I could never really follow through with my goals for read-a-thons and I don't know if I'll even be able to get any reading in because the first four days of this week are going to be insane!

Let me tell you what's going on. Tomorrow, on Monday, Leah Clifford will be hosting her Spoiled Rotten Blogtv Chat where everyone can chat and discuss A Touch Mortal. I haven't even finished it yet, so you already know what book is at the top of my pile for this read-a-thon.

On Tuesday it will be the second day of the read-a-thon, so by the looks of it, that will probably be my only day to get any reading in! Bright and early on Wednesday morning, it will be Patch and Ren's match day where they will battle it all out! ;) Wednesday into Thursday. SO. I need all of you to grab a button, up at the top there and represent Patch and spread the word!

Ha, and here I was thinking that I was going to get rid of this routine of pulling all-nighters. Doesn't look like that will be the case now, does it?

OK, I'm done babbling! The read-a-thon is being hosted by Angela at Reading Angel, Lori at Pure Imagination, and Candace at Candace's Book Blog! If you want to sign up and participate, click on the button up at the top and it will take you to where you need to go!

Now onto the books that I plan to read for this read-a-thon:


A Touch Mortal (Touch Mortal, #1)Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick-up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long, happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end. 


Carrier of the Mark (Carrier, #1)
  A move to Ireland is about to introduce Megan to her destiny, her real destiny, can she embrace it and will she survive it? 

A tragedy in Megan’s past set her on a predetermined course. A chain of events has been set in motion that brings Megan to Kinsale, a small town in the south of Ireland where her destiny awaits her. Her life starts to fall into place as she makes new friends and settles into her new school. However, the reclusive and distant Adam DeRĂ­s calls to her body and soul.  

She finds herself increasingly drawn to Adam and his strange family. Adam knows a secret from her past and he and his family hold the key to her future. A future that binds her to Adam and his world, a world of power, mystery and ancient orders. A world that unbeknownst to her, she very much belongs in.





EdenEve knew the stories of the Fall, of a time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name. She's seen the aftermath of the technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter, able to grow new organs and limbs, how it evolved out of control. The machine took over and the soul vanished. A world quickly losing its humanity isn't just a story to her though. At eighteen, this world is Eve's reality.

In their Fallen world, love feels like a selfish luxury, but not understanding what it is makes it difficult to choose between West, who makes her feel alive but keeps too many secrets, and Avian, who has always been there for her, but is seven years her senior.

The technology wants to spread and it won't stop until there is no new flesh to assimilate. With only two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction. While fighting to keep Eden alive, Eve will discover that being human is about what you will do for those you love, not what your insides may be made of. And even if it gets you killed, love is always what separates them from the Fallen
.



Those are the three books that I hope to finish. I have a huge stack of books sitting right there, glaring at me, waiting to be read, but if I set a huge goal for me, I won't get any reading done, lol! True story.

So if you are on twitter, you can find my updates and all that good stuff here: Momo's Twitter and if you tweet, use the hashtag: #OUreadathon so everyone participating can follow along!

Alrighty then, good luck to everyone and most of all, happy reading!

P.S. I still have about two hours or so before the read-a-thon officially begins for me, but Angela told me that lots of people are starting at the same time as the east coast peeps, so...feel free to do the same! And now I am out for reals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p