Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Feb 6, 2011

Leaving 16 Behind!



So, today is February 6th and in exactly one month from today I'll be turning 17! EEK! :) As exciting as that sounds, I'm feeling a little blue for leaving 16 behind! I feel like this year for me has been one heck of a year but then again I feel like I've been 16 forever - but now that I've come to realize that I'm going up a year, I'm feeling a little down. I'm not quite sure why. No, actually I do kind of know why - I guess with me reading all these books - my mind became programmed to think that something was going to miraculously happen to me when I turned 16, LOL! As dumb as that sounds, I guess it's kind of true. It's not like I expected a brooding vampire, or an alpha male werewolf, or an icy fey Prince to show up at my door! ;) But you know . . .
I'm also feeling . . . oh I don't know! Okay, so this year a lot of the books that I've read, the main character was 16; either she started out being 16 or she turned 16 later on. Anyway, I just feel that for me, it was kind of special to when I read books where the MCs were the same age as me. I guess that's what I'm feeling most sad about, lol!

Anyway, there's my little goodbye (kinda!) to being 16 and looking forward to what being 17 has to bring! *__* In March I have a few things planned but for this month all my followers/readers get the chance to ask me questions; any questions they'd like to know about me. You can submit as many questions as you want and when March rolls around, each day I'll be answering a couple.

*NOTE: I won't be answering all of them, maybe the ones that I want to, and maybe a few risky questions! ;) LOL! So, you have all month to ask me questions - asking questions will be closed on the 1st of March!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy early birthday! So excited for you! Teen bloggers rock!
    Bit of randomness: I spend too much time on this blog. I had a dream you were my neighbor >< XD #probablycreepy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yoooou Riv!

    Omg! That made me ROFL! :) I'm flattered that you spend so much time on my blog for me to pop up in your dreams! That is just ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday in advance! I wish I could be 16 or 17 again :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday in advance!! :) I can't wait to see what questions you get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMO -hugs- We love you buddy. Have fun being 17. Hope you get everything you want for your Birthday.

    -Akasha Hale ( Hale & Salvatore Supernatural Must Reads)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I know how you feel about the main characters of YA no longer being the same age as you! I feel like because none of that awesome stuff ever happened to me at that age, I've been ripped off. Lol.

    But omigosh! You're going to be 17! Congrats! There's still time to meet a hot vampire! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your anything like me you will still be saying your 16 months after turning 17! lol l still said l was 17 4 months after turning 18!
    There will be lots of characters who are 17/18 in books you read too as well as younger. l know what you mean though, l worry about getting to my 20s. l wonder if l will still like YA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh if only I could be your age again! Have a blast! Happy Happy Birthday!!!

    Loni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p