Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Feb 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (6), Book Bdays and News Update!


This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading :)

Anyone can play along, just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and the author, too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser!
My Teaser
If there was one thing to be counted on, it was how eagerly the mortal ignored what they didn't want to see. The truth passed right by, and never once did they open their eyes.
-(ARC) Page 57, A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

I've been reading this book for a while. It's a borrowed ARC from Lauren over at 365 Days of Reading! She sent this book to me a while back and I apologize for keeping it for so long, but I promise I'll try to get it back to you ASAP! *___* As for the quote, I ran across it yesterday when I was reading and it just stuck! I believe that it's true in so many ways!
♀ ♂ ♀ ♂ ♀ ♂ ♀ ♂ ♀ ♂ ♀


Speaking of A Touch Mortal - IT'S RELEASED TODAY! FREAK the FREAK OUT! ;) OMG OMG OMG! Are ya hyperventilating yet?! GO BUY IT!

Here's the cover again! BIGGER!

Eden didn't expect Az.
Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick-up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.
Yeah.
So long, happily-ever-after.
Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.
She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.
And that's only the beginning of the end.
  
Today's also the book bday for HAVEN by Kristi Cook! *jaw-drop!* I KNOW, RIGHT?! OOH.MMM.GEE! SQUEEEE! *runs out of breath, DIES!*



One month into her junior year, sixteen-year-old Violet McKenna transfers to the Winterhaven School in New York’s Hudson Valley, inexplicably drawn to the boarding school with high hopes. Leaving Atlanta behind, she’s looking forward to a fresh start--a new school, and new classmates who will not know her deepest, darkest secret, the one she’s tried to hide all her life: strange, foreboding visions of the future.

But Winterhaven has secrets of its own, secrets that run far deeper than Violet’s. Everyone there--every student, every teacher--has psychic abilities, 'gifts and talents,' they like to call them. Once the initial shock of discovery wears off, Violet realizes that the school is a safe haven for people like her. Soon, Violet has a new circle of friends, a new life, and maybe even a boyfriend--Aidan Gray, perhaps the smartest, hottest guy at Winterhaven.

Only there’s more to Aidan than meets the eye--much, much more. And once she learns the horrible truth, there’s no turning back from her destiny. Their destiny. Together, Violet and Aidan must face a common enemy--if only they can do so without destroying each other first.
What more can I say?

TEAM AIDE(A)NS!

Woot! Woot!

Another book birthday! Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton! WOW! I was mentioning to my sister the other day that I have not bought a single February release! Am I bad? Don't tell on me! ;) It's just that I promised myself to not buy a single book until I read at least five books off my shelf! I really need too! It's bad BUT I have enough self-control to not run to B&N, haha! *pats self on the back*

Ari can’t help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can’t be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is.
Her search for answers uncovers just one message from her long dead mother: Run. Ari can sense that someone, or something, is getting closer than they should. But it’s impossible to protect herself when she doesn’t know what she’s running from or why she is being pursued.
She knows only one thing: she must return to her birthplace of New 2, the lush rebuilt city of New Orleans. Upon arriving, she discovers that New 2 is very...different. Here, Ari is seemingly normal. But every creature she encounters, no matter how deadly or horrifying, is afraid of her.
Ari won’t stop until she knows why. But some truths are too haunting, too terrifying, to ever be revealed.
♀ ♂ ♀ ♂ ♀ ♂ ♀ ♂ ♀ ♂ ♀

I also have some news to update with you! So, today I am trying my hardest to stay away from twitter! LOL :) Don't ask why, it's just something that I need. Anyway, when I logged into my blogger account this afternoon I saw that I had reached 199 awesome stalkers followers! EEEEEK! I can't even begin to wrap my mind around this! This is AHH-MAY-ZHING! Wow! I can't even believe that I'm interesting enough that people want to read what I have to say, haha! Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart! *_____* ← That's what my face looks like right now!


And this is me - BEAMING, GLOWING!

THANK YOU, and YOU, and YOOOU!

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh, love the teaser! This book looks wonderful, as does the others that you mentioned!

    Here is mine:

    http://www.cafeofdreamsbookreviews.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the person is talking about the general human population, sounds a little weird to read mortal, i dont know but just is to me :)

    I'm pretty sure I have this book marked to read because I love angel stories.

    Here is my TT, http://miss-check-out.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-entice-by-carrie-jones-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! Also, happy release day to some books that look like great reads. :)

    Reading Lark's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Nice teasers!! Also love your new layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful teasers Momo. I loved them all and I can't wait to start reading A Touch Mortal and Haven. Loving the new blog design.

    -Akasha Hale

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog you have! :) I just gave you an award! Please check it out on my blog.

    iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the teaser! I really need to get A Touch Mortal! Absolutely loved Darkness Becomes Her. Such a good book!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p