Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Oct 19, 2013

#BOBblogoversary Day 10: Happy 3 Year Anniversary, Books Over Boys!


Aah, today is the day! Exactly three years ago on this day, Books Over Boys got its very first blog post. To be honest, I date it back to my first post because I can't recall exactly when I decided to start B.O.B., so... the first post seemed reasonable.

Anyway, I'm so happy! I can't believe it, seriously. Three years ago, who would have ever thought that I would be here today, that I would be able to keep this blog up and running all this time. I didn't even know I had it in me. I didn't know that my passion for the written word burned so furiously. Throughout these three years, so much awesome and amazing has happened to me that it blows my mind so hard!

I don't even know how or where to begin! I have all these topics I want to hit so hopefully, I don't miss a single one!

First up, the numbers. In my past blogoversaries, I didn't look at the numbers because I didn't feel like they were much of a milestone or... I just didn't want to point out how much I sucked. But, somewhere throughout the year or even just the last two months, I gained my blog balls and for this year's blogoversary, I'm talkin' stats.

As of this very second, I have:
451,758 pageviews
759 total posts
1,195 followers
134 total books read.

On Twitter (because my blog is biffles with it), I have:
110,458 tweets
1,196 following
3,256 followers.

On Facebook (same as Twitter), I have:
1,176 likes.

I'm so thrilled that my Facebook likes have shot up through the roof! I created it four months ago and already, I'm at the one thousand mark. On the night that I hit that mark, I totally squealed all about it and my niece and nephew were all, "A thousand? I thought you were excited because it was a million or something. It's only a thousand." And well... that's true. But it makes me so happy that people are even aware of Books Over Boys because it's my pride and joy.

Okay, so I'm sitting here wracking my brain for what else I could calculate and add up but my mind is drawing a blank. What do bloggers normally calculate? I've seen a few post a plethora of numbers but... I've got nada. I guess this would do it for my stats, then. But hey, I'm new to this "numbers" thing. Maybe next year, I'll have more things to do math with. ;p

Next up, all the readers/bloggers that I've met through B.O.B.


I feel that this quote couldn't be more true for the blogosphere. In my three years, I have come across so many amazing and sincere and genuine and awesome people that it's the good kind of insane! ;p I love that everyone I talk to loves books and the written word just as much as myself. It also kind of blows my mind how we all come together because of that bond. We're all strangers to each other but put a book in front of us and we'll become life-long friends in an instant. That... is crazily epic.

And it just reiterates two of my most favorite quotes of all time:


Thank you for getting what it means to swoon and squee. Thank you for getting what it means to fangirl. Thank you for getting what it means to receive book packages in the mail. Thank you for getting what it means when you receive a reply back from an author. Thank you for getting what it means to get/have an autographed book. Thank you for getting what it means to blog. Thank you for getting what reading does to you.

Thank you for understanding me. Thank you for being passionate. All your friendships mean the world to me and I am so happy to have met every single one of you!

Now, in any math equation, you need at the most, three numbers to make any equation an equation. The blogosphere equation is: readers/bloggers + authors = books. So, next up, the authors.

I really don't know where to begin with this one. First, I love you guys so very hard. You guys are the best! I have become so very close with a few of you and your friendship means more than you'll ever know. Your words and stories never fail to sweep me away when I need it the most. Your characters have all the special places in my heart. And you guys are the ultimate rock stars of all rock stars!

Thank you for creating characters that I connect so hard with. Thank you for telling stories that blow my mind. Thank you for making my heart ache. Thank you for making me want to stab a b*tch. Thank you for writing such swoon (and drool) worthy men. Thank you for fueling my passion. Thank you for being my escape. Thank you for doing what you do!

You are all the absolute bestest and I seriously love you!

There's not much of a point to this but... that smile! <3
There are so many highlights in my three years of blogging that when I think about 'em, I always go:

"GASP. What?! Me?! Me, me? NO WAY!"
My mind gets blown so hard that the pieces don't ever find their way back to each other to even begin comprehending the how, what, who, why, when. ;p Anyway, some of Books Over Boys' highlights are:

  • Having my review on the praise page for Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Having Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout being dedicated to me
  • Being in the acknowledgements for Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Having my review on the praise page for Real by Katy Evans
  • Being in the acknowledgements for Real by Katy Evans
  • Having one of my song recommendations to Katy Evans end up in the official Real playlist
  • Beta reading Before We Fall by Courtney Cole
  • Being in the acknowledgements for Silver Heart by Victoria Green
  • For exclusively revealing the first chapter to Crush by Nicole Williams
  • Having Riptides by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt being dedicated to me

The little things can take me from zero to a hundred in the blink of an eye but... every once in a while, it's all about the big things. These amaze me and sometimes, the why of it all still evades me but they bring me the warm and fuzzies all the time; they definitely make my heart nine levels of happy!

Thank you to all the readers and fans of Books Over Boys! Thank you for reading. Thank you for supporting. Thank you for coming back (that's if you do and even if you don't, thank you). Thank you for commenting. Thank you for sharing. Thank you to every single person who has ever laid their eyes upon Books Over Boys! Just that is enough for me. To know that you were even a bit interested in what B.O.B. is, makes my heart soar.

HAPPY 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO BOOKS OVER BOYS !!!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p