Welcome to day five of my month long celebration event for my blog's upcoming third year in existence! ;p If you'd like to check out the first few days, you can do so by clicking the blogoversary celebration tab at the top of my blog.
For today's feature, I've got the super sweet Sarah from Miss Page-Turner's City of Books here to join in the fun! Because my memory tends to fail me more often than not, I can't recall exactly how I stumbled upon Sarah's blog. I do remember being in awe of her blog and how she did it. When I first started blogging, she was one of the blogs I remember calling "big time," lol.
Since then, she's become someone who I consider a close friend and I'm extremely grateful to have her here with us as we countdown to the 1,095th day. It's almost here, just a few more days -- eep! Now, onto today's fun!
A Little Bit Awkward
- Getting off a bus two stops early and adding an additional mile to your walk home because a wasp just came in through the window.
- When you jump into the wrong elevator and the other person realizes you wanted to go two down instead of four up.
- Waving to people who look like someone you know and they stare at you all confused.
- Squeezing in a crowded metro and accidentally touching someone else's butt for three seconds too long.
- When you ask someone in a store for their help and give them a detailed description of what you are looking for and they are all like I don't work here.
- When someone in a foreign country tries to impress you by saying something in your language and you just don't get what they are saying.
A Little Bit Awesome
- Cuddling five more minutes with your fluffy dog in bed before you have to get up and leave for work.
- Giggling with your friends about the stupidest joke ever in a dark and crowded cinema and annoying all the other people.
- Belting out the lyrics of your favourite song while driving and other people think you are screaming at them.
- Waking up to the smell of freshly baked cookies.
- Looking at the night sky with your loved ones and thinking this moment was solely created for you to witness right there right then.
- Grabbing the last piece of a shirt in a store, finding out its your size and getting 50% off at checkout.
One time some friends and I were on a longer train ride, gossiping and chatting and I suddenly saw this lady with very hairy legs coming down the aisle towards us. All of my friends turned around and started whispering. And suddenly the person stopped right in front of us. My eyes were wandering up and down, up and down and finally resting on her red wig. And we all realized at the same time that this lady was a dude dressed as Pippi Longstocking who then pulled out his mini keyboard with rainbow-colored keys and kept playing his theme song for like five minutes straight expecting us to hand over the content of our wallets. Long story short that's how I learned never to stare at ladies with extremely hairy legs.
I'm getting turned on by watching people eat ice cream. Is that weird?
When you go to the bathroom with a friend and the other person feels the compulsion to talk about clothes or make-up because it's so silent otherwise and you just can't pee. Talking with a friend having my pants down feels more like a little chat between your vaginas and they are talking about which new lipstick colors would go with their skin tone. I CAN’T!
About the blogger:
I'm Sarah from Germany and I started my blog Miss Page-Turner's City of Books in August 2010. I love travelling, photograhy, cooking and of course reading. It's incredible how much has changed since I started my book blog. I've met so many awesome people-blogger, authors and new friends- and I'm grateful for every comment I get on one of my posts. I'm proud to be a part of such an integer and supportive community.
Connect with Sarah: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
- One entry per household.
- There will be one winner per book/series.
- You must be 15 years or older.
- Giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- Giveaway ends on Tuesday, November 19, 2013.
- Winners will be chosen by Random.org through Rafflecopter.
- Winners will have 48 hours after notification to respond.
- Good luck!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The giveaway is open internationally but the paperbacks and swag packs are for the US ONLY, unless stated otherwise. If you have any questions, please email me at booksoverboys at hotmail. Thank you!
a Rafflecopter giveaway