Welcome to day fifteen of my month long celebration event for Books Over Boys' three year anniversary! ;p If you would like to check out the first few days, you can do so by clicking the link that says "click here for all things blogoversary related" underneath the B.O.B. Turns 3 tab located in my right sidebar.
Even though the official day for my blogoversary has come to pass, I'm still celebrating because the days following my very first blog post are still worthy of celebration, yaknow? Well, I think so, anyway. Or, I just want a reason to celebrate, so here we are!
For today's feature, I've got the awkward and amazing, Cora Carmack, the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of Losing It, here today for lots of epic fun! It's no surprise how big of a fan I am of Carmack. Just recently, I went on a Carmack binge and read all the books in her Losing It series that I'm still reeling from the fact that it's over. I seriously don't think my mind has comprehended that because I feel like there's more coming; clearly, I'm in denial. ;p
She has made a fan out of me for life and although we won't be seeing anymore from her one of a kind cast in the Losing It series (there's still Jackson's upcoming novella, Seeking Her, so it's not completely over but... novella it is), I'm thrilled and a whole lot of excited about her new and upcoming release, All Lined Up, the first in the Rusk University series. Friday Night Lights plus New Adult -- I'm definitely going to be all over that!
Needless to say, having Carmack here today has got all my fangirl juices on an all-time high and it's definitely an honor!
A Little Bit Awkward
- When you accidentally write a threesome scene. No, seriously... It was an accident. A couple typos here and there, some vague wording, and my editor thought there was two guys instead of one. WELP. #headdesk
- When you're at a convention and you notice people are staring at you in the elevator, and it turns out there's a poster with your face on it right behind you. And if that weren't awkward enough, you make a joke about how there's not room for two of you that falls COMPLETELY flat. #winning Only... You know, not. So, I guess #losing.
- When you're at a massive Book Event and you're craving a snack before bed, but the vending machines on your floor aren't working. So you venture on the elevator in your pajamas, glasses, and sans bra, only to have the husband of a reader also on board say, "Aren't you one of those authors that was on TV?" Elevators aren't conducive to running away. Or hiding. So you just have to resist the urge to try and tame your crazy bed head because your arms are busy covering your braless chest. #awkwardftw
A Little Bit Awesome
- Being on TV, posters, the back of books, and getting recognized in public. Yeah, that's pretty awesome.
- When you pull not one, but two all-nighters to finish a book by your deadline and then you sleep 20 hours in a row just because you can. Still pretty awesome.
- Getting to do what you love. That is above and beyond the best part of being an author. I spent 5 years writing for myself-- no pay, no posters, definitely no long sleepfests-- just the story. Now I get paid to do something I would do anyway. And more than that, I get to share those stories with people who love them too. I get to talk to those fans online and in person. That's another awesome thing... I get to travel across the country (and to other countries on occasion) just to hang out with fans, and there is nothing cooler than that. To me... Being an author is all awesome. Sure there are awkward and stressful moments (but my life has ALWAYS been on the awkward and stressful side). I love it. Every single day. So thank YOU all for reading my books and allowing me to do what I love.
About the author:
|Photo by Matt Tolbert|
Represented by the fabulous Suzie Townsend of New Leaf Literary.
Connect with Cora Carmack: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
- One entry per household.
- There will be one winner per book/series.
- You must be 15 years or older.
- Giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- Giveaway ends on Tuesday, November 19, 2013.
- Winners will be chosen by Random.org through Rafflecopter.
- Winners will have 48 hours after notification to respond.
- Good luck!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The giveaway is open internationally but the paperbacks and swag packs are for the US ONLY, unless stated otherwise. If you have any questions, please email me at booksoverboys at hotmail. Thank you!
a Rafflecopter giveaway