Welcome to day nineteen of my month long celebration event for Books Over Boys' three year anniversary! ;p If you would like to check out the first few days, you can do so by clicking the link that says "click here for all things blogoversary related" underneath the B.O.B. Turns 3 tab located in my right sidebar.
Even though the official day for my blogoversary has come to pass, I'm still celebrating because the days following my very first blog post are still worthy of celebration, yaknow? Well, I think so, anyway. Or, I just want a reason to celebrate, so here we are!
For today's feature, I have the amazing Lisa Desrochers, the USA Today bestselling author of A Little Too Far, here to join in the fun! Boy, oh, boy, where do I even begin?! Desrochers is super duper special to me because she was my very first author signing ever, before Books Over Boys was even created. That's crazy, right?
I remember being on Twitter one night (I believe it was a Wednesday night) when out of nowhere, a tweet from Desrochers popped up saying that she was going to be at so-and-so place at 7 or 8 PM (acutally, it was probably 5 PM and the signing was over at 8 PM, lol) for a book signing. As soon as my eyes read over the location, I just knew I had to go; it was only forty-five minutes away from me. I didn't know how I was going to get there but I wanted so very badly to go because it was my very first and... that excited the heck out of me!
I mentioned the signing to my sister and after some plotting, we bombarded my older sister (who could drive) when she got off work with the info and demanded that she take us, no questions asked. Because she loved us so very much, she acquiesced and then we were on our way. I won't get into the details of the signing because it was my first and I was a horrible, awkward mess. ;p But... here's a picture of me and Desrochers!
Oh, that was so very long ago. *takes a closer look* Oh my gosh, that was me? I looked so... not like I do now. But I mean, if I still looked like that now, that might be even scarier, haha. Anyway, it's a bit blurry but... there ya go! Did I forget to mention that at the time, I had absolutely no idea what Personal Demons was about or who Lisa Desrochers was? The idea of actually getting to attend a book signing was my one and only thought, lol.
Desrochers popped my author-signing-cherry and you don't ever forget your first, so it's an enormous honor to have her here today as we continue celebrating Books Over Boys' three years!
A Little Bit Awkward
- Meeting an author friend who I’ve “known” for years on Twitter for the first time at BEA and not recognizing her. O_O
- Turning in a manuscript and only realizing when the editorial letter from my editor came that a whole subplot was embarrassingly “out there.”
- Running into an author whose books I’ve LOVED, and feeling weird about telling him I’m a YA author too.
- The moment when you’ve embarrassed yourself totally by fangirling all over a fellow panelist at an event.
A Little Bit Awesome
- “The Call” #1—The Agent call.
- “The Call” #2—The Editor call.
- Introducing myself to a favorite author by saying, “I’m sure you have no idea who I am, but I write YA too,” and having her say, “Oh! I have Personal Demons on my Nook!”
- Hanging out with bloggers at/after book signings.
- Touring the country with other fabulous authors.
So I’m driving down the road behind this really slow car and, of course, I’m already late (because I’m always late). It’s this back country road, so I’m thinking I should be able to pass this slow car, but there’s traffic coming the other way every time there’s a passing zone. So I’m totally tailgating this person, who FINALLY turns off at an intersection, and when I get where I’m going and look at my phone, I have a text. From my mother. Who tells me to stop tailgating her. Long story short, don’t tailgate your mother.
My toes are super long. I can pick stuff up with them, and I’m learning to write with them. Is that weird?
I cannot wait for the Catching Fire movie. More Gale? More Peeta? Yes, please! I CAN’T!
About the author:
Lisa Desrochers lives in central California with her husband and two very busy daughters. There is never a time that she can be found without a book in her hand, and she adores stories that take her to new places, and then take her by surprise.
Look for her New Adult novel, A LITTLE TOO FAR, courtesy of HarperCollins/William Morrow Books, Sept 2013, and the first companion, A LITTLE TOO MUCH, in Nov 2013. Also, in stores is her YA PERSONAL DEMONS trilogy (Macmillan).
Connect with Lisa Desrochers: Blog | Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook
- One entry per household.
- There will be one winner per book/series.
- You must be 15 years or older.
- Giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY.
- Giveaway ends on Tuesday, November 19, 2013.
- Winners will be chosen by Random.org through Rafflecopter.
- Winners will have 48 hours after notification to respond.
- Good luck!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The giveaway is open internationally but the paperbacks and swag packs are for the US ONLY, unless stated otherwise. If you have any questions, please email me at booksoverboys at hotmail. Thank you!
a Rafflecopter giveaway