Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 6, 2012

CRESCENDO Paperback Blog Tour - Day 5

Today we are so excited to have a guest blog post from Becca Fitzpatrick sharing some behind-the-scenes facts about CRESCENDO.

  • Scott Parnell is loosely based on Becca’s brother, particularly his sense of fashion. Becca's brother owns a pink Hawaiian hat! 
  • There’s a scene in CRESCENDO that really happened to Becca when she was a teen. She actually DID ask a boy to a dance by giving him a hot dog with a note that said, “Don’t be a Wiener, go to the dance with me.” 
  • The dream sequences weren’t originally in CRESCENDO, but were added to help pass on necessary info to Nora and the reader, and to bring more Patch into the book.  Some of these scenes actually ended up as favorite scenes for many readers. (cough) Steamy kissing scene in Nora’s bedroom (cough). 
  • About 3/4 of CRESCENDO was deleted and completely re-written. 
  • CRESCENDO was the most difficult book for Becca to write. 
  • The prologue wasn't included in the original draft—Becca wrote it at her editor's request. And is glad she did! 
  • The original cover for CRESCENDO had both Patch and Nora on it.



The CRESCENDO paperback was released this week and includes a first look at the upcoming 4th book which is releasing later this year. Be sure to check it out!

4 comments:

  1. I actually haven't read any of this series. I intended to, and never got around to it. I really like the covers, they are really pretty. I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about the books though. I guess I won't know if I like them unless I read them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love fun facts like that! But it's pretty shocking that Becca had to rewrite 3/4 of the novel, wow,that DOES sound tough! I haven't read Crescendo yet, only Hush, Hush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this book, it's great to find out some more about it.

    As far as I remember when I was reading this I didn't actually like the prologue all that much...

    I still haven't started Silence yet but I own two copies of it so I really need to get round to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the hot dog scene is based on true events. it was very funny and super awkward can't imagine what it was like in real life. I love this series and can't wait for the last book to be released, though I will be sad when it's over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p