Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 23, 2012

Squishy Bloody Crack for Reapers: Day 1


ANGELFIRE ArtI stared out the classroom window and longed for freedom, wanting to be anywhere in the world other than gaping up at my economics teacher like the rest of my classmates. The last time I had listened to him, Mr. Meyer  had been lecturing about fiscal policy, and that was when he'd lost me. My eyes rolled over to my best friend, Kate Green, who was doodling intricate flowers all over her notes and looked like she was thoroughly entertaining herself. Meanwhile, I was reduced to staring at the wiry, gray chest hair puffing out at the collar of Mr. Meyer's polo shirt like overgrown steel wool and wondering whether he'd ever considered waxing. 
Today is the first day in the countdown...well, yesterday was the first day but today kicks off all the bloggers's guest posts! Each day, I'll be featuring a quote from Angelfire, a little snippet of the blogger's review of Angelfire and/or Wings of the Wicked and then I'll post the blogger's guest post! Some of the posts might get lengthy but I promise you, they're good stuff! :)

For today's first guest post, I'll be featuing Loni Flowers. She and I are huge fans of this series and when I planned my mini Wings of the Wicked blog tour, it was all thanks to her because she pushed me to do it...not in a bad way, but she brought up the idea and so she was the first person I sent my copy to. When she was reading it, we were constantly tweeting/dming each other and fangirling over every freakin' line! LOL, needless to say, we abso-freakin'-lutely love Angelfire, Will, Ellie, Cadan, and Courtney oh-so-very much!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Loni on Angelfire: Courtney Moulton’s debut novel, Angelfire had everything I wanted in a paranormal romance and so much more.   It has a wonderful blend of action with detailed fighting scenes and just the right amount of sweet, tender, romantic moments that had me eagerly wanting more. The plot is fast paced and extremely descriptive. Moulton did an amazing job at world building and even though there is a lot to take in, she breaks it up at just the right pace; mixing in detailed dialogue and kick ass fighting scenes!
Pull me in!

For me, there are many stories out there that are good. I read and read and read, and when I finally turn to the last page, I think, "Well, that was really good." But what's one of the most important aspects that really make a great story? For me it's the pull-me-in effect. I want to be there. I want to be that little pesky fly on the wall that sees and hears everything, and for the most part, that is easy for me to accomplish. I'm an easy reader. I enjoy most everything I read and I'm not really that analytically.  I'm able to drown out what's going on around and see more than just the ink on the page. I see the world that has been created for me. But let me go a step further. Not only do I want to be that pesky little fly, I want to really feel like I'm there. I want to get so caught up in the story and what's happening around me, that I gasp when something happens, I jump when the character jumps, or I hear the whispered conversation happening just in the other room, just like they do.

What I 'm trying to say is, for me, that is what makes a good story a great one. I don't want to be just along for the ride, I want to be in part of the adventure.  Courtney Allison Moulton achieved this for me with Angelfire. I was amazed at the world she created. When the story ended, I didn't know how or what I had to do to get my hands on the next book, I just knew I wanted it!  I whined on Twitter and to my friends about having to wait. I shoved my book in their faces and forced them to read it, willing them to love it as much as I did. That is what happens to me when I read a great book. But then time passes and slowly, I find myself not obsessing over it… until the next crazed person I find starts raving about it… and then I'm back to my obsessed self again for a few weeks. It's a never ending cycle.

I had the fortunate opportunity to read Wings of the Wicked late last year when Momo so graciously offered up her advanced copy to me. (I may or may not have left early from work on my lunch break, just to rescue if off my front porch and hold it in my hands to gaze at the pretty, pretty cover. Nope, I didn't do that at all.) So that night, I read Wings of the Wicked. I was sucked in. I was no longer the fly on the wall, but a bystander, watching and hearing, feeling everything unfold around me. Will made me fall in love with him all over again. I grew to love unexpected characters, and I found friends in new characters. I sobbed at the fallen. I was swept into another world. At times, I would have swore I heard the same noises around me, felt the vibration of the counter beneath my hands when Will slammed his fist down onto it when he was mad at me… I mean Ellie.

That, my friends, is what I believe to be a great story. If you can take me there, and I can really see what they see… then you've won me over and you’ve done the story justice.
After reading Wings, I felt compelled to email Courtney. She had to know just how powerful her writing and descriptions were. I told her a more condensed version of what I said above and she was extremely grateful. Though my email was gushing, she inspired me to tell great stories in as much detail and feeling as she can. Courtney gave me thanks and words of encouragement about my own writing. It's an email that I will keep forever, stuck between the pages of my Angelfire copy.

If I had to say that I gave Angelfire a million star rating—Wings of the Wicked received a billon star rating. That's how much I love this story. It will be a long, dreary year waiting for book three.
What can I sale, who can I bribe for a chance to read it now??

Thanks Momo for asking me to post about my love for the Angelfire series. And thank you Courtney for writing an amazing story and taking me on an adventure!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Wow, I agree one hundred percent with everything Loni said because well, because it's the truth! ;) And totally Loni, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET BOOK THREE?! I'll do anything, seriously; I'm not joking. If you follow CAM on the twittah, she just finished book three recently and when she tweeted that she finished and turned it in, my heart broke a little because the Angelfire series is all done - no more Will, Ellie, Cadan, Bastian, scary reapers, etc. Big sad face. Like what am I going to do with no more Will?! Him and his smoldering green eyes! <33 I don't even want to think about it! Either way, if you have not read Angelfire, you have to or else....like, we can't be friends. And if you have read Angelfire, 



You're the coolest! Also, if you've read Angelfire, you best pick up Wings of the Wicked on Tuesday, January 31st! But seriously, if you haven't read Angelfire yet, go out and get it asap and read it this week and then you'll finish it just in time for Wings of the Wicked's release! <333

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

8 DAYS UNTIL WINGS OF THE WICKED'S BOOK BIRTHDAY!
Ahh, we're down to single digits! Holy mutha freak! Get excited people! REAL excited!

More about the author:

Courtney Allison Moulton lives in Michigan, where she is a photographer and spends all her free time riding and showing horses. She has always loved reading about ancient mythologies, studying dead languages, and telling scary, romantic stories. ANGELFIRE is her debut novel.

Find Courtney Allison Moulton Online: Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Purchase Angelfire: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Pre-order Wings of the Wicked: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

3 comments:

  1. Awesome guest post and teaser!! I haven't read Angelfire yet but I am definitely reading it after this guest post! I hope I can finish the book just in time before the sequel's release! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Momo and thank you Loni for the guest post!!

    I just found your Blog, Momo and I ABSOUTELY ADORE IT! ♥ I really love the blog's name too! I'm a new follower! :)

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just like put you guys in a little box and tie it with ribbon and keep it on my desk forever and ever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, this is an awesome event you're doing! Love the post, and love that fist bump, bro!:)

    New follower!

    CYP @ A Bookalicious Story

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p