Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 25, 2012

Squishy Bloody Crack for Reapers: Day 3


If the chains weren’t so tight around my arms, I’d have punched his face so hard those shark teeth would shoot out the back of his head. I jerked against the metal to their limits, but halted brutally with Geir’s throat just out of reach. I was too weakened to break free of the chains and of the angelic spell cast into the pentagram drawn on the ground around me. My body would heal and then they would begin again, tearing me up until I was near death only to let me heal so they could start all over. I didn’t know how long I’d been in this barn. I didn't know if it was night or day. And I didn’t know if she was still alive.

I had to return to her. The reaper struck my face and blood ran over my eyes. I had to return to her.

Today's quote is from the gorgeous Will. If you purchase a copy of the Angelfire paperback, you'll get a snippet from his point of view along with a ton of extras! And look at those green eyes - uuuunnnnfff! So, have any of you picked up a copy of Angelfire yet?! If you have, how are you enjoying it thus far?! And if you haven't, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! You're crazy. Seriously. ;)

Courtney most definitely out did herself in Wings of the Wicked! I know that it's not the last book in the series but it is the most recent and already, it's my most favorite of the series! Why?! I don't even know...like I really don't. Something about Wellie's relationship in Wings just did something to me; I really can't put into words the turmoil, the heartache, the forbidden-ness, the little moments, the passion, the want, the need, just...sigh - everything threw me into overdrive and I was hooked, am hooked! I just can't get over it. You might read it and think, "Umm...it's just an alright book. I don't know what the heck she was thinking." And that's all good, you're entitled to how you feel, but to me, the Angelfire series is most definitely, hands down, one of my most favorite series, like it's up there in the top five! Anyway, I could go on and on and on and on about Angelfire, Ellie, Will, Cadan, the reapers, etc. but until you read it....we're not friends. ;)

Today's guest blogger is Savanah from Books with Bite with a special post about her Book Boyfriends! She also included some very yummy pictures to go with Will and Cadan...so stick around for that!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Savy on Angelfire: One thing I love about books is the idea of them. I love to read books where it present a unique idea or theme. Angelfire is a unique book. With the idea of reapers, angels, and reincarnations, Ms. Moulton certainly gave the literature world a great adventure.The minute I started this book, it one was that I knew I could not put down.








Savy on Wings of the Wicked: OMG! This book is dynamic. A one of kind adventure that you can never put down! I LOVED IT!!!! Let me catch my breath and re-collect my thoughts cause I will talk your ear off if I don't. Okay. First off the plot. It was AMAZING! Filled with so many twists and turn I think I got a creak in my neck. Geez! The book took off where it left off in the first book and just exploded in your head. There is nothing that could make me put this book down. Once I started, I was done for. Forever trapped in a world created by brillance!

There are some more insights on characters that were introduced in the last book and WOW! Major secrets, lies and so many juicy stuff exposed that it made my heart race faster. I love that Ms. Moulton's world never let you down. There is so much action, fight, and love that it is nearly impossible to put away.




This meme is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader

When I got my hands on Angelfire I loved it. I read through the book so fast that I needed the next book ASAP. Not only is Ms. Moulton's writing exceptional, but the guys are HOT! Now, if you have not read Angelfire or Wings of the Wicked, let me introduce to you the two guys that you must know. First there is Will, Ellie's hot guardian, who I can't stop drooling over.

“Ellie, you need to understand," he said softly. "I exist only to serve you and fight by your side. Whether that fighting is to preserve your life or to make sure you smile, that is what I am built to do. You're all I have, and I will watch over you forever.” -Angelfire


"It was hard for me to gather enough breath in order to speak. "That didn't help at all." "Forgive me," he whispered very unconvincingly, and kissed my lips without any hurry, as if he had all the time in the world. "That's not frosting," I scolded him, very aware that his lips still brushed mine. "Tastes like it." He didn't wait for me to respond before he opened his mouth against mine and pressed himself into me." -Wings of the Wicked


Hmmm...alright ladies pick your drool! I still have one last man to show you. The bad boy! OH YEAH! Cadan. This boy is hiding a lot more than we know. We get to know Cadan more in Wings of the Wicked and boy, is he HOT!


"I turned back and pushed open the door to the stall I'd shoved Cadan into. His grin made me want to punch him. Again. "Imagine what would have happened if you hadn't heard her coming." "Screw you," I growled, and grabbed his collar to drag him out of the stall. "In a public restroom, Ellie? Really? Didn't think you were that kind of girl."


"Speaking of romance," he started, "Are you going to tell me about this book you were so engrossed in that you barely even notice me?" -Wings of the Wicked

Now, I don't know about you ladies, but I always have soft spot for the bad boy! So what do you think? Pretty hot huh?

Now do yourself a favor, go out and buy Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked before you hyperventilate!! You won't regret it.

Happy Reading!

Savannah @ Books With Bite


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Ooo, some very drool-worthy guys right there! And the quotes that Savy picked were awesome! Just by reading them, you could tell that Will and Cadan are two very different guys! Will seems to be the...serious, broody, moody, kind of guy (which I love!) and Cadan is the flirtatious, cocky, no-care-in-the-world kind of guy! Either way, they're freakin' sexy as eff, so pick your poison! ;)

               

AND DID I MENTION THEIR EYES?! I'M PRETTY MUCH LIKE THIS:




ALL. THE. TIME.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

6 DAYS UNTIL WINGS OF THE WICKED'S BOOK BIRTHDAY!
Ahh, we're down to single digits! Holy mutha freak! Get excited people! REAL excited!

More about the author:

Courtney Allison Moulton lives in Michigan, where she is a photographer and spends all her free time riding and showing horses. She has always loved reading about ancient mythologies, studying dead languages, and telling scary, romantic stories. ANGELFIRE is her debut novel.

Find Courtney Allison Moulton Online: Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Purchase Angelfire: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Pre-order Wings of the Wicked: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

4 comments:

  1. Momo, your posts are always so entertaining!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH!!!! CADAN!!! *falls down*
    You have no idea what happens when people say things like "Rivdan." You said that, and I got all tingly in places...(brain OUT of the gutter, Momo!)
    I'd love to help with Cadan quotes, but I STILL haven't read Wings. (ARGH!) I can pull together some Cadan quotes from Angelfire, though. (I might end up quoting you every scene with him, though...)
    Email me if you still want it: rivkarno1(at)hotmail(dot)com

    Oh, and by the way, I LOVE the .gifs. (And those pics, even though they look nothing like Cadan. Can't complain!)

    RIVDAN FTW!

    ~Riv

    ReplyDelete
  3. *thud*

    That was my entire body falling to the floor because my knees gave out upon seeing Ryan Reynolds and Channing Tatum:) LOVE THEM! And I of course love Will, I can't wait to get my hands on Wings of the Wicked:) YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p