Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 31, 2012

Squishy Bloody Crack for Reapers: Day 9


ANGELFIRE ArtHe lifted me off the floor and onto the counter, shoving the plates away and knocking over the glass of orange juice. When he pushed my knees apart, hands running up my thighs and sending a strike of lightning desire up my spine, he crushed his body against mine and I forgot about the mess entirely. His mouth and tongue were hot against my neck and I buried my hands in his hair as his arms wrapped around me and his fingertips raked down my back. One of his hands found the point of my hip and his teeth nicked the bend of my neck. I dug my nails into his shoulder and my head fell back, something wild in me craving him. My fingers grabbed a fistful of his shirt and I ached to tear it off of him, to do anything to break down the thin, aggravating barrier of cloth between our skin. I fumbled with the buttons, gasping for breath when his mouth wasn’t on mine, and I pushed his open shirt over his shoulders, my eyes capturing his muscled chest and tattoos spreading up his arm and the side of his neck.

ANGELFIRE Art“I’ve wanted you for so long,” he murmured against my throat between kisses. “Every time I look at you I feel like I’m about to explode, no matter how still I try to stay around you. Inside I’m like a hurricane. Everything you do… you drive me crazy.” His mouth returned to mine hungrily. “The way you play with the little curls in the ends of your hair.” He kissed me again, his hands squeezing my sides. “The way you wring the hem of your shirt with your finger and make that little face when you’re deep in thought.” Another kiss and a small, secret smile. His thumbs glided under my shirt just an inch and the contact made me gasp and dig my nails into the back of his neck. “Where you touch me it feels like I’m on fire.” Again, he kissed me, long and deep and leisurely.

THE QUOTE BELOW COULD POTENTIALLY BE A BIT SPOILERY.
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
Although you shouldn't need to be warned because by now, you should have read Angelfire. ;) I'm just saying.

ANGELFIRE Art

He leaned over me until I was drowning in him. “Ellie—”

“I know why you won’t be with me,” I said, straightening myself against the wall. “It’s not just that you’re afraid of Michael. It’s because the only way we can stay together is for me to die over and over again.”

Will closed his eyes and tightened his mouth without a response..Rules, he could break. Michael, he could fight. He was most afraid that if he let down the wall he built up between us, then it would hurt too much to give in and love me as much as he ached to. If he did, I would still die regardless and he would finally break.

I took a step back from him and he let me go without protest. I didn’t look away from him until I was inside the bathroom. The door shut behind me and I locked it. My back hit the wall and I slid to the floor and cried. I heard his fist pound once on the wall in anger just outside the room. I didn’t want to end the night crying on the bathroom floor. It was so hard for me to see him every day and want him so badly, but yet again I forgot about how much it hurt him to feel the same way. It was so painful for us to be apart, but I didn’t know if either of us was strong enough to be together.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

IT'S OFFICIALLY MIDNIGHT ON THE WEST COAST, WHICH MEANS THAT WINGS OF THE WICKED IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED EVERYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES! AAAAHHHH, THIS MAKES ME SOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN' HAPPY, SERIOUSLY, I'M ON CLOUD NINE RIGHT NOW!

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS BOOK FOREVER AND A DAY. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY OUT IN BOOKSTORES, SHITTING ON SHELVES, WAITING TO BE PICKED UP BY AWESOME PEOPLE LIKE YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU. EEEEEEEEEEEE!

Aah, okay I've calmed down somewhat and have returned to the regular caps stuff. But seriously, I'm so ecstatic right now...well, maybe not right now because by the time you read this, I'll be off in la-la land dreaming about Will and his dreamy green eyes...but you get my point. ;) I cannot express how much I love this book and how dear it is to my bosom. <3333

Today's guest post is from yours truly. As I have stated multiple times before, music is a major part of me and my reading so today, of course, I'll be featuring a bunch of stuff that's located in my Angelfire playlist on my ipod. There are quite a few songs so I'll narrow it down to like...my top five or eight or ten or something and then maybe I'll link to the rest of them.

Oh shoot, I should probably share a little snippet of my Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked reviews with you guys...if you guys wanted to hear what I thought...like that's necessary.

Momo on Angelfire: Angelfire . . . *hang on, let me gather my thoughts; swooning over Will!* Moulton delivers an amazing, refreshing, and new twist to angel mythology! Like I mentioned above, angels are making it big this year so with that every book should have this something about them that will make readers want to pick the book up! For Angelfire, forget that something and just read the book!

Angelfire opens up with an action-packed scene – throwing you right into all the action! Ellie constantly has these nightmares of her fighting reapers and every time she has these dreams, something always seems so familiar about them; as if she’s been there before. Little does she know she’s been reincarnated over and over again because she’s an ancient warrior who has the power to wield swords of angelfire to fight the reapers! As Ellie becomes more and more aware of these reapers, she starts seeing this mysterious boy appear wherever she is. Turns out that this mysterious boy, Will, is her guardian; sworn to protect her at all times in battle. At first, Ellie is very stubborn and wants to continue on with her teenage life as if none of it were true. I totally agree with her there. I mean, if there was a bomb dropped on me like that, I’d absolutely want nothing else but normal! Before you know it, there’s nothing but Ellie and Will fighting off reapers here and there!

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
Momo on Wings of the Wicked: Man, I swear, throughout all of Wings, Courtney Allison Moulton grabbed my emotions by the BALLLLLLS! LOL and she did not let go, even after the book had long been finished. If you haven’t read Angelfire, you are seriously missing out on something amazing and if you have, you absolutely cannot miss out on Wings of the Wicked. If you do, you will be the most deprived bookworm, ever. ;)

Like they say, if there’s a book you want to read and it hasn’t been written yet, write it yourself. Well, guess what? Luckily for me, Courtney Allison Moulton wrote the book that I have always wanted to read. Seriously. Wings of the Wicked has everything that I want in a book and then some: the kick-ass heroine, who at times is vulnerable, sweet, and sad, the perfect hero to match the heroine in all ways possible, the action was done just right, the supporting characters of Wings were amazing and oh-so-entertaining, the storyline was complex, dangerous, sweet, bitter, sad, happy, comical, and overall, Wings was just extremely un-put-down-able.

Disclaimer: Courtney Allison Moulton had stated several times that Wings of the Wicked is her baby so if you so much as give it the wrong look when you walk past it in the stores, I will pull out my butt-chopping swords on you quicker than you can say rootbeer floats! ;) Don’t mess with me and this book. Feelings…along with other stuff, will get damaged.


Okay, now onto my playlist. Before I start a book, I research the heck out of it and I check out the author's website to see if they've stated anything about music and their book. I'd rather read a book and listen to music from the author's playlist then make one myself because I feel like the author picked those specific songs for a reason and they probably tie back into the book somehow, whereas if I picked random songs myself....they might not go so well with the book. With that said, all the songs I'm about to share with you guys came straight from Courtney's playlist with the exception of one song. Also note that I listened to the same songs for book two as I did for book one because I read an ARC copy of Wings back in August/September of 2011 and Courtney didn't reveal her playlist yet so I just went with the Angelfire playlist.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The number one song that always brings me right back to Wellie is:

30 Seconds to Mars - Alibi



This song and the Angelfire series go together like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I listened to it for a majority of both books, especially during the sad moments, but there is one chapter in both books that fit perfectly with this song. Now when I say "fit", I don't necessarily mean lyric wise, not for this song anyway, although it sort of could fit for the lyrics. In Angelfire, this song was blasting loudly through my ipod during Chapter 28 and I won't say why because it's another one of those things that I just can't really put into words. In Wings of the Wicked, this song couldn't have been more perfect for Chapter 17. Man, just thinking back to it makes me all happy and giddy and squirmy. I should also state that these chapters were one of my favorites from both books.

For this next song, I didn't listen to it when I read Angelfire or Wings of the Wicked but right after I turned the last page of Wings of the Wicked, it hit me that this next song is totally perfect for Ellie.

Mariah McManus - Unarmed


I couldn't find a video with lyrics so I'll post a few here.

♫ I have one thing I'd like to say to you,
Put down your guns and listen to me,
I am unarmed and I have no fear,
I will not budge or steer clear of you.

So just say the words and I'll fade away now,
Give me a match and I'll burn it all down.
Pick up your feet and take me home now,
'Cause its dark inside and I'm all alone.

Your heart is filled with superficiality,
I don't quite know what has come over me.

So just say the words and I'll fade away now,
Give me a match and I'll burn it all down.
Pick up your feet and take me home now,
'Cause its dark inside and I'm all alone.

And this is the part where the curtain falls,
And the daydream ends it all.
Where the yellow brick road is much too far to go alone.

I love her voice and I could just picture every single word flowing out of Ellie's mouth. I especially love the first verse and the chorus is just spot on...well, I think so anyway. So, what do you guys think of it? The lyrics? Do you think this song fits? :) Also, this is the song that I added to the playlist. I showed it to Courtney and she agrees that it's so Ellie, as well.

This third song I listened to a lot during the sad, melancholy scenes as well.

Angus & Julia Stone - Draw Your Swords



The first verse into the chorus is perfect for Will. <333 If Will was saying, "The only one" with all that angst and passion, I wouldn't question it for one second! Na-uh, not me!

These next three songs I listened to a lot when Ellie was doing her thang and killing all those gruesome reapers. First up,

We Are The Fallen - Through Hell


A few reasons why I absolutely love this song: 1.) The lyrics describe Ellie and everything that's happening to her in both Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked perfectly, 2.) It's totally kick-ass, and 3.) It's perfect for when Ellie's kicking the poop out of those scary reapers! Also, how freakin' awesome is this video?! I loved the pictures, especially the last one! WOW.

The next song is just as awesome!

Firelight - Unbreakable


Right when I get to a scene where Ellie and Will are in the middle of a fight with reapers, I immediately switch the song to this one. In the beginning of both Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked, you're thrown straight into a fight, and this song is great to open with. Also, the lyrics - TOTALLY ELLIE when she's like...in her Preliator state of mind.

The third song is:

Red - Breathe Into Me


Lyric wise this song probably doesn't really have that much to do with the books (I think) but the music is perfect and I'm totally head-banging when I put this one on and Ellie and Will are chompin' up people with their uber awesome swords.

This last song that I'll be sharing with you guys is a song that I feel captures the essence of the Angelfire series, overall.

Torus - Wraith (Dubstep)


This song is just music, no singing but I feel that the beat and overall feel of this song captures everything...sorta, about the Angelfire series. I have a story to share with all of you about this song and my sisters. When Courtney first shared this song, I immediately agreed that it was perfect for the books and afterwards, I kept listening to it nonstop. Then I posted the song on facebook and one of my sisters listened to it then she told me that it was a scary song. *gasp* She also told my other sister to listen to it to get her point across and all that weird stuff. I guess it's sorta understandable because they don't read and when they do, they get scared easily...so whatever, this song rocks and that's that! ;)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Well, there you have it, Momo's Book Playlist for the Angelfire series. LOL! So, which songs did you enjoy?! Aren't all of them just perfect?! If you're like me, who needs music when you read, make sure to have these songs on hand when you start reading Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked. :)

Now, stop staring at this screen and go out and purchase Wings of the Wicked right now. If you haven't read Angelfire yet, purchase both of them! I promise, you won't be disappointed! <333

If you're on the twittah, make sure to say congrats to @CAMoulton and wish Wings of the Wicked a very happy book birthday!

Courtney,


and Wings of the Wicked, happy, happy, happy, happy book birthday!


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

TODAY IS WINGS OF THE WICKED'S BOOK BIRTHDAY!
It's out now, so get up off your derriere, stop reading this post, and go buy a copy!
P dot S, when you start reading either Angelfire or Wings of the Wicked, tweet me (@BooksOverBoys) and let me know so I can squeee, gush, and swoon with you!
Aaaah, I'm SO excited!

More about the author:

Courtney Allison Moulton lives in Michigan, where she is a photographer and spends all her free time riding and showing horses. She has always loved reading about ancient mythologies, studying dead languages, and telling scary, romantic stories. ANGELFIRE is her debut novel.

Find Courtney Allison Moulton Online: Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Purchase Angelfire: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Purchase Wings of the Wicked: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I've heard Alibi before, and I immediately whipped out my copy of Angelfire and HOLY FREAKIN BATMAN, it fits Chapter 28 so perfectly!
    Draw Your Swords was on CAM's blog, right? I'm actually kind of disappointed by it... :(

    Great way to end the blog series! I seriously need to read Wings already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p