Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (11): Shadows Cast By Stars

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________

Shadows Cast By Stars

Title: Shadows Cast By Stars
Author: Catherine Knutsson
Publisher: Atheneum
Expected publication: June 5th 2012
Two hundred years from now, blood has become the most valuable commodity on the planet - especially the blood of aboriginal peoples, for it contains antibodies that protect them from the plague that is ravaging the rest of the world.

Sixteen-year-old Cassandra Mercredi might be immune to the plague, but that doesn't mean she's safe. Government forces are searching for those of aboriginal heritage to harvest their blood. When a search threatens Cass and her family, they flee to the Island, a mysterious and idyllic territory protected by the Band, a group of guerilla warriors, and by an enigmatic energy barrier that keeps outsiders out and the spirit world in. And though the village healer has taken Cass under her wing, and the tribal leader's son into his heart, the spirit world is angry, and it has chosen Cass to be its voice and instrument...

First of all, how about that gorge cover?! The fading in and out of the coloring around the title is amazing and I totally did not see the crow, I think that's a crow, right smack on the...basically on the whole cover. See, clearly I was all distracted by the colors of the title! :) The synopsis really reminds me of something along the lines of Avatar, lol! And that's not a bad thing - I love that movie to pieces!

So what do you think?! Lovin' the cover? The synopsis? Or bleh...? Leave your thoughts in the comments because...comments always make my day! And if you have a WOW post, don't forget your link so I can stop by your place to check it out and hopefully add more, new books to my Goodreads "to-be-read" pile!

And....WOOT WOOT, it's Wednesday - hump day! We're halfway through the week! YEAH BABY.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really good :)


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to this book too. It has a gorgeous cover and they synopsis sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really cool! adding to my list! Awesome Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really good! I'm going to have to add it to my list of can't wait reads on Goodreads! Thanks for sharing :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds amazing! I'm adding it to my pile of to pre-order list. And the cover is so pretty! My WoW: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-rapture-fallen-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! That sounds really interesting. And I really like the cover. Thanks for bringing this book to my attention!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-6-devotion.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Momo! This is an awesome pick. I love the cover too. It's so breath-taking. I'm adding this one to my list too :] thanks for sharing <3

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for featuring my book! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

    (Also, I LOVE the name of your blog!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p