Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 13, 2012

Soul Screamers Reading Challenge


Okay, so when 2012 rolled around, I had told myself that I would not be participating in any reading challenges whatsoever because last year when I was new to blogging and totally excited about all things blogging, I signed up for a few...and then I didn't follow through with them. I mean, twelve months is a very long time to seriously be on track about all the books you read and for me, it sort of took away the pleasure of just reading for fun.

But here's one challenge I'm serious about doing because my awesome blogger pal, Rachel, over at Fiktshun.com, is dead crazy about this series. I'm not really even sure what the series is about but based on Rachel's raving and high praise, I'll definitely be giving it a shot. And the series already has five books out - gasp! - I love when there are a lot of books out in a series already because when I start it, I don't stop until they're all read and it's even better because I don't have to wait for the next book! HAHA!

Rachel made a blog post about all of the details for the reading challenge and...I just read it and...there's a lot of info that was covered so I'll just be linking you guys, you know, if you guys want to participate and all that good stuff!


The main details of this challenge, from Rachel herself is:

The Challenge:

To READ (or re-read) and REVIEW (or post about) all five full-length books in the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent between January 15 and June 14, 2012.

The Books:

My Soul to Take
January 15-February 14, 2012

My Soul to Save
February 15-March 14, 2012

My Soul to Keep
March 15-April 14-2012

My Soul to Steal
April 15-May14, 2012

If I Die
May 15-June 14, 2012


The challenge will run from January 15th, 2012 until June 14th, 2012. Rachel has planned it out to the point where one month could be read each month and we'll finish book five just in time for book six, Before I Wake's US release!


Omg, out of all the five covers, 
I think I love this one the most. 
Like...I just wanna marry it!

From Rachel herself, the challenge in a nutshell:

CHALLENGE…

To READ (or RE-READ) and REVIEW (or POST ABOUT) all five Soul Screamers novels by Rachel Vincent from January 15-June 14, 2012.

WHAT TO DO…

1. Sign Up with the linky below. (The linky could be found on her blog post, which I linked above.)
2. Create a participation post (optional) and leave your link on the SSRC page on this blog ([Fikt]shun).
3. Stop back each month and leave your links to any reads/reviews in the monthly Soul Screamers Challenge post for that month only.
4. Grab a challenge button from the sidebar (the code for the button can be found on her blog sidebar)! (Not required).
I'm really excited about this challenge and even though I fail at completing challenges, I feel that I will be able to complete this one...I hope! I would love it if you joined along with me and everyone else who  has signed up! The challenge starts on Sunday, January 15th so that means you have today and tomorrow to get your hands on at least book one. Later today when I get off school, I'll be heading to Barnes to grab the first two in the series! :) Eeep, SO EXCITED - new books! Freak the freak out!

What do you think? Does this sound like a pretty exciting challenge that you could take on? Have you already read this series but would definitely like to re-read the books in time for Before I Wake's release?! Let me know all your deepest, darkest thoughts in the comments below! ;)

And last but not least,

HAPPY FRIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! You will love this series. It's seriously super awesomesauce!! I love, love , love it. You will be so hooked when you start the first book. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p