Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 28, 2012

Squishy Bloody Crack for Reapers: Day 6


I leaned into him. I understood what it felt like to be something frightening and try to maintain some shred of humanity. Will fought the same kind of darkness that threatened to destroy who I really was, the darkness that threatened to destroy him and take him away from me. We both waged internal wars against the monsters inside us. It made us dangerous to everyone around us, and to each other. I'd been so busy worrying about fighting the scary side of me that I'd forgotten he was doing the same. He was always thinking of me and what I needed, and I never thought about what he needed.

ANGELFIRE Art"What's wrong, Ellie? Tell me how I can fix this."

My breath trembled as I drew it in and I pressed my face deeper into his chest. "I thought he had killed you."

He exhaled and kissed my hair.

"I thought I was going to lose you," I confessed, biting back a sob that threatened to break free.

Will pulled away so that our eyes met. The centuries we had spent together were filling my heart with so much emotion that I felt it was about to burst. I didn't remember any of it, but I knew it all in my soul.

"You'll never lose me," he said gently, and wiped the tears from my cheeks. "I'll always be here."

I wrapped my arms around his back and held him as tightly as I could, afraid he'd drift away.

He dropped his head to mind, his body so close to mine I could hardly stand it. "It we're separated - if I lose you - I'll find you," he breathed, his cheek touching mine gently, lighting tiny fireworks on my skin.

I love the little details that one might miss, for example: "I wrapped my arms around his back and held him as tightly as I could, afraid he'd drift away." I don't know, I just love that; the whole "...afraid he'd drift away." Sigh. :) I read it and then I cling onto the description for a long while before I move on, lol. I don't know...those things just get to me, haha. Also, lines such as: "...he breathed, his cheek touching mine gently, lighting tiny fireworks on my skin." Lighting tiny fireworks on my skin. <3333 Man, what words can do to one's soul.

Today, we have with us Amanda from Stuck in YA Books as she expresses to us why she loves Angelfire!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Amanda on Angelfire: I really LOVED this book, it had so much action, with all the fighting scenes. This awesome book was just awesome. I couldn't put it down! Oh, Will was just a gentlemen with a sexy smile. I also have him Tuesdays and weekends (Mocha) hehe. I want my own Will.

I absolutely loved this book because it had action, romance, and much, much more! Moulton’s characters Ellie, Will (HOT), Cadan (also hot) play this great role in trying to help Ellie recover her memory of her past lives, as a hunter. Ellie and Will are awesome heroes because they can rely on each other during these hunts. After reading Angelfire, I needed the next book!! I am waiting for it to come out, and that ending left me wanting more. Wings of the Wicked comes out on January 31, 2012. My favorite character would be Ellie because in my mind while reading Angelfire, I can picture all the things Moulton was envisioning. Ellie was fun, courageous, strong and is easy to get along with. She gets to team up with Will!! OMG, Will is one of the most secretive/hot male character ever! If you haven’t read Angelfire I recommend you do because it is awesome, and Courtney Allison Moulton is one talented writer (wishes to read Wings). Be sure to check out this series, it will not disappoint you in writing, characters, plot and soo many hot new characters that you must know!! Cant wait to meet new characters in her upcoming novel!!!

Amanda

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I totally agree with you about Ellie! She's pretty awesome and she gets to team up with Will which means she's with him like twenty four freakin' seven! Talk about being jealous! ;)

And guys, in 72 hours - seventy-two flippin' hours - guess which book I'll have in my hands?!?! Wings of the freakin' Wicked! That's right! Oh, and Incarnate too because they both share the same book birthday! Me ish so excited! I've been waiting for this day since the minute I finished Angelfire and even though I already read Wings...it's a totally different sort of excitment because this is teh pretty, shiny copy that I'll get to finally hold! EEP!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

3 DAYS UNTIL WINGS OF THE WICKED'S BOOK BIRTHDAY!
Ahh, we're down to single digits, not only that, we're down to one palm! Holy mutha freak! Get excited people! REAL excited!

More about the author:

Courtney Allison Moulton lives in Michigan, where she is a photographer and spends all her free time riding and showing horses. She has always loved reading about ancient mythologies, studying dead languages, and telling scary, romantic stories. ANGELFIRE is her debut novel.

Find Courtney Allison Moulton Online: Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Purchase Angelfire: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Pre-order Wings of the Wicked: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p