Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 27, 2012

Squishy Bloody Crack for Reapers: Day 5

Photobucket

ANGELFIRE ArtI caught a glimpse of Will out the corner of my eye. He was doubled over with one hand on the wall to hold himself up, his eyes squeezed tight and mouth open in physical agony—as if someone had slammed him in the chest with a hammer. I stopped in the crowd, staring at him as he struggled to right himself, Ava’s hand on his back, her expression full of worry. But he pushed her away and forced himself to stand tall as he searched wildly over the heads of my friends and classmates, looking for me. Then he barreled through the crowd, spinning and turning in every direction, calling my name in a fearful voice. I studied him, perplexed, and the truth of what I’d just witnessed hit me like a truck. He always knew when I was upset or in pain. Our bond, the magic that I put into his tattoos binding him to me, our bond that allowed him to know what I was feeling… He always knew I was in pain because my pain caused him to hurt. The agony I felt at that moment spilled into him, making him feel through pain what I felt emotionally. I did that to him. I caused him pain. I was cancer, a disease on everyone who knew and loved me.

This quote was brought to you from Wings of the Wicked. Sigh. Love this boook so much! <333 I love how in tune Will and Ellie are to each other. Everything she feels, he feels. *girly, shrilly, shriek* I don't know....I just heart this book oh so very, very, very much; I just wanna drown in it. :)

Every time I reach the edge of fangirling for this book, I become a huge mess and my brain gets taken over with incoherent thoughts, just words flying at me, words such as: swoon, green eyes, LOVE, swords, blood, pain, wings, WIIIIIIIILLL <333, heart-pounding, agony, fear, like, love, like, love, like, love, love, love, love, love, love, craziness, what the mutha flippin' eff, epicness. From all the blog posts this week, it's not a big surprise that I am truly, madly, and deeply in love with Courtney's Angelfire series and like I said, I can't put into words just how much I love these books and by now, you guys are probably like:



*shrinks away* Oooookay, you don't have to be so evil about it! ;) Onward to today's guest post then, shall we?! Today, we have with us, Melody from Mid Winter Reviews where she will be sharing with us one of her favorite scenes from Angelfire. Enjoy!


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Melody on Angelfire: I have never read a book with angels and reapers in it can you believe that? Well I haven't until now but I'm so glad I did because I definitely enjoyed reading Angelfire. Angelfire is definitely a killer book with killer characters, crazy romance and packed full of action. While you're reading Angelfire you'll never know what's going to happen and I just love that!

The characters in this book are all really lovable especially Will! Will is one of those characters that will make you wish he was real because he's super kind, sweet and caring towards Ellie. Will's not just super kind, sweet and caring towards Ellie because he's her guardian; it's that he actually does care about her which makes him extremely swoon-worthy. Whenever Ellie needs him he'll be there and if he's surrounded by a bunch of reapers he'll find a way to get back to her, which is once again super swoon-worthly. Ellie is one strong heroine, fighting/being hunt down by reapers that want to destroy her soul at night and trying to be a regular teenage girl during the day, so let's face it if that were me I wouldn't be as strong and as brave as Ellie because I doubt being hunted down by reapers that want to destroy your soul is very fun and entertaining. Now on to Cadan, who is the bad boy yet he's really sweet, there's just one scene with Cadan and Ellie that will make you swoon and I really hope in Wings of the Wicked we'll be seeing more of him because I would love to learn more about him.

Over all I really enjoyed reading Angelfire and I cannot wait till Wings of the Wicked is released which is less than a week now and I'm so EXCITED! I would really recommend this to anyone who loves action and romance because Angelfire definitely has that! And now would be the perfect time to read Angelfire because you won't have to wait for book 2, Wings Of The Wicked!!!

5 out of 5 stars


Hey, it's Melody from Mid winter Reviews and today I'll be sharing one of my favorite scenes from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton and my review.

I bit my lip to keep from grimacing as something popped inside me, trying uselessly to heal. "I'm all right." Will's eyes flashed brightly as he cupped my face with both hands, smoothing my hair back, examining for damage. He knew. He hadn't found the wound yet but it was there. "You're hurt where? Please let me help you. Where is it?" As his heart broke in front of me, tears slid down my cheeks as I pulled away, refusing to let him see. I didn't want it to be real for him. Not again. The sudden movement caused me to cry out and double over. Will screamed my name and fell over me, throwing his sword away and pulling me close to him as my knees hit the ground. Red drenched my dress and pooled around me, soaking the dress with darkness like a pit leading to hell.

and end scene.

This is one of my favorite scenes because I think it's really sweet and sad. And for some strange reason I like sad scenes, plus it's a bonus that this is a scene between Will and Ellie from her past life which we don't get much insight on.

Side note: Sad scenes are one of my favorite because it makes you actually feel something like what the characters are feeling and I just love that feeling you get, when your feeling what they feel.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I totally agree with you Melody! Sad scenes are totally my favorite too! The kind that just rips your heart out and tosses it into fast spin in the washing machine! ;) What about you guys?! Which scene is your favorite from Angelfire?! What do you think about sad scenes? Like 'em, love 'em, hate 'em, whatever? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

4 DAYS UNTIL WINGS OF THE WICKED'S BOOK BIRTHDAY!
Ahh, we're down to single digits, not only that, we're down to one palm! Holy mutha freak! Get excited people! REAL excited!

More about the author:

Courtney Allison Moulton lives in Michigan, where she is a photographer and spends all her free time riding and showing horses. She has always loved reading about ancient mythologies, studying dead languages, and telling scary, romantic stories. ANGELFIRE is her debut novel.

Find Courtney Allison Moulton Online: Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Purchase Angelfire: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Pre-order Wings of the Wicked: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p