Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (12): Something Strange and Deadly

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
_________________________________

Something Strange and Deadly

Title: Something Strange and Deadly
Author: Susan Dennard
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected publication: July 24th 2012
There’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia… 

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper— 

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.
All I have to say about this is....

ZOMBIES!




I don't know when it happened....oh wait, that's a lie. I know exactly when it happened. That specific Sunday when season two of The Walking Dead was going to come back on, my sister and I, being the no-life's that we are, watched all of season one together and ever since then...ZOMBIE LOVAH. And I ain't going back. So yeah, I'm uber stoked for this book! It's like...wicked creepy yet totally bizarre and amazingly awesome! I can't wait to read it!

What's your take on zombies?! Omg, everytime I say zombies...like in my head, this is the way I hear it ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
The Cranberries - Zombie


And of course, I digress. Back to the subject on hand, so are you a fan of zombies or no? ;) What do you think of the book? And I love the cover! I mean, yes the girl in a dress on the cover is gettin' quite old but I'm not complaining because there's probably a reason for that....being that the covers come out so darn mesmerizing!

Well, what are you waiting on this fine Wednesday? Leave a link, a comment, a smiley face...you know, whatevah floats your boat in the comments section below and I will surely be stopping by to return the love!

9 comments:

  1. The walking dead is pretty AWESOME!! Gross but awesome! Great pick

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a zombie lovah, but I'm sure gonna give this a try! Who knows, maybe I'll grow to love em. lol

    My WoW
    Check out my Giveaway! (You could win one of seven Series Packs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I love the cover. <3 Hope you get to read.

    My WOW: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/01/lyrical-foxfire-tour-big-birthday.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so dying to read this book too!! And yes, I freaking love Zombies! I love the GIF's, you make me laugh. Here's my WoW http://booklovingme.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-www-wednesday-1-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds awesome!! I can't wait to read it!! :D Her is my WoW: http://wordsfeelingssilence.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-endure-need-4-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds so interesting and I love the cover. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-7-brave-new-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I LOVE ZOMBIES also!!!!! great choice!!!

    Tara and her giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually didn't know that this book is about zombies till you said it is lol my first zombie read is Warm Bodies and I definitely love it! Looking forward on reading this one ;) Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p