Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 29, 2012

Squishy Bloody Crack for Reapers: Day 7


He was wearing a white mask that concealed half his face like the Phantom of the Opera. The half of his face I could see was breathtaking. I had never seen any boy so beautiful. His pale gold hair was combed neatly back with only a few escaping wisps, and he wore a black tuxedo beneath a cape.

His presence wrapped around me, electric and inviting, and he spun me around the hall in a waltz that fit poorly with the music playing, but somehow he kept us in rhythm. Before I was aware of it, the music and commotion had sunk into a dull roar until I couldn't hear anything at all. I looked nowhere but up into his eyes, which were the most fiery opalescent hazel I had ever seen, practically inhuman. His dancing was like water, powerful and unyielding, yet fluid and smooth through every movement, like a river following its predetermined course.

ANGELFIRE Art"I'm Cadan," he replied.
"That's an unusual name," I noted absently.
"It's a very, very old one." The backs of his fingers traced along my collarbone. I shivered.

"What are you doing here?" Will demanded, his voice subzero cold, frightening even me.
"I only wanted to meet her," Cadan said. "I had to get a look at the girl who's been rustling everyone's feathers so much lately. She seems to be the object of Ragnuk's obsession, not to mention Bastian's. Can you blame me for my curiosity?"

"She's a lovely thing," Cadan said, still as stone, his chin up, his eyes locked on Will's. "I see why you keep her so close. You wouldn't ant anyone like me sweeping her off her feet, would you?"

The next instant Will's sword sliced through the air between us and halted, poised right between Cadan's eyes....."One more step and I turn your face into a doughnut."
Cadan stared wide-eyed down the blade. "Pretty sure that sword would turn my face into two pieces, if you want to get technical."

Man, I luuuuuuuff Cadan....but maybe not as much as today's guest blogger. Jaime from Two Chicks On Books gives us the 411 on why you should absolutely be on Team Cadan and all there is to love about him. ;) <333

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Jaime on Angelfire: First, I loved this book!! It was a little slow going in the beginning but as the book progressed I could not stop reading. Courtney has created a world where reapers are beasts like bears and wolves and they eat people to send them to the underworld. There are also reapers that come in human form called Vir; I would say more but I don't want to spoil the book.

The characters of Ellie and Will are so strongly written. Ellie is a badass and Will fights right along with her. One thing I can say about this book was I was very happy there was no love triangle. There was another boy but Ellie's focus was always on Will.



Jaime on Wings of the Wicked: The story continues with so much action that you’re sitting on the edge of your seat as soon as you open the book! Bastian is back along with some horrifying reapers and some very big surprises. I’m pretty sure I said “Oh Crap” a few times and also cried. Answers will be answered but more questions arise. Some pretty terrible stuff happens in this book and the ending will leave you shaking your fist at Miss Moulton because it’s one hell of a cliffhanger! This is a must buy if you loved Angelfire and if you haven’t read it buy them both!!!


Why I love Cadan….

Yes we all know he’s smoking hot but there’s more to Cadan than that. Being that he is a Demonic Vir you’d expect him to be a bad guy and I’m sure he has been but, he also has a soft side. For those of you who get to read Wings of the Wicked soon if you didn’t love Cadan before trust me in this book you will! What I love about Cadan is he isn’t afraid to live; he isn’t stoic like Will. He has quick wit and a sarcastic side I absolutely adore and he isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

“She’s a lovely thing.” Cadan said, still as stone, his chin up, his eyes locked on Will’s. “I see why you kept her so close. You wouldn’t want anyone like me sweeping her off her feet, would you?”

But he also has a very protective and loving side too…

“I’m sorry for what he has done to you,” Cadan said. “For everything he’s done to you. I’m not sure if I’m strong enough to kill him, but for you, I’d try.”

Happy Release Day Courtney!!!!!! Team Cadan always :D

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Jaime puts up a very good argument right there but I'm still TEAM JUST CALL ME WILL. <333 And before I close out this post, I'd like to share one more Cadan teaser with all of you since today is all about him. ;)

“I never thought you’d be like this.”

“Like what?”

“I heard stories of you,” he said, “Of your violence and ruthlessness. But you’re just a girl - a very beautiful, vulnerable girl.”

Being called beautiful was one thing, but I couldn’t afford to be weak. “Thanks, but I’m not vulnerable.”

“You are,” he insisted softly. “And I think it may be part of the reason why I’m so drawn to you. I am utterly enthralled. You’re innocent, so unlike the beast you’re said to be. Ellie, you have this softness about you that I could never dream of damaging. It would be like stomping on a flower. What would be the point?”

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

2 DAYS UNTIL WINGS OF THE WICKED'S BOOK BIRTHDAY!
Ahh, we're down to single digits, not only that, we're down to one palm! Holy mutha freak! Get excited people! REAL excited!

Me right about now:






FEEL MY EXCITEMENT! WOOT WOOT!

More about the author:

Courtney Allison Moulton lives in Michigan, where she is a photographer and spends all her free time riding and showing horses. She has always loved reading about ancient mythologies, studying dead languages, and telling scary, romantic stories. ANGELFIRE is her debut novel.

Find Courtney Allison Moulton Online: Website | Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Purchase Angelfire: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Pre-order Wings of the Wicked: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

3 comments:

  1. I am excited about this release and reading your posts makes me giddy. Love your GIF choices. For Jaime, I am willing to give Cadan a chance but it is going to be very difficult because I am a staunch TEAM WILL girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those quotes in the beginning. I wonder where you got them from? Hm?

    Ooh, Jaime. I think we have a slight problem here, with you trying to take my Cadan. *draws khopesh swords*

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome charlieisocoolike gif

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p