Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 29, 2012

In My Mailbox (11)


IMM is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea at Pop Culture Junkie where we post about books we have received during the week via mailbox, local library, or store bought, etc.
________________________________________________


Yes, that is Wings of the Wicked all in its shiny, shiny, shiny glory! I'll tell you my story about it later because I have close-up pictures to show you guys of all the awesome goodies I received this week.


• Forbidden by Syrie James & Ryan M. James (Goodreads | Amazon)


• My Sould to Keep by Rachel Vincent (Goodreads | Amazon)


• Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer (Goodreads | Amazon)


• A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford (Goodreads | Amazon)


• Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (Goodreads | Amazon)


• Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton (Goodreads | Amazon)
________________________________________________

Okay, so last night I was creepin' on the twittah and I saw a retweet by Jodi Meadows where someone had tweeted her and told her that their...B&N (I think) had copies of Incarnate out early. I got excited and thought that maybe my B&N might have copies of Wings of the Wicked and Incarnate out early so I immediately wanted to go right then...but sadly, I didn't have a ride to my B&N (which is only like five minutes away and if I was desperate enough, I could have walked).

So, this morning I got up around eight and my sister was doing her laundry and then we had to run to Wal-mart and.....fast forward this part of my story. After we left Wal-mart, I told my sister to drop by B&N because I really wanted to check. I'm never on my B&N's ass about their books and stuff so I didn't have much hope that they would have the books out early but I was telling my sister that the shipment of books for Wings of the Wicked and Incarnate were probably there already and if they weren't out, sitting on the shelves, they would be sitting in the back of the store...or something.

We were so early that I didn't think B&N opened yet so I had my sister drive right up to the door so I could see the store hours and they opened from 9am-10pm. I looked at the clock and it said 9:11 (but the clock is set five minutes ahead). My sister parked and then we went inside...and I'm pretty sure we were the first customers of the day. We were greeted by one of the employees who kindly said good morning to us and to my right, on one of the stands, I saw copies of Everneath then I pointed and said to my sister, "Ah, I gotta come back and get that one too!"

We walked towards the YA section and before I could even walk down the aisle, I saw Incarnate sitting there on the shelf. I ran up to it and touched the cover ever so lightly, adrenaline shooting through me. Then I looked down the aisle and there it was, Wings of the Wicked filled completely to the edge of the shelf, almost falling over. I ran to stand right in front of the book, looking at it in disbelief then I started clapping like a dolphin, shrieking, "IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! THEY HAVE IT!" My sister came down the aisle saying, "You. Look. So. Scary." Then I hit her a few times because I was so freakin' ecstatic. After I was for sure that the copies were there and my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, I walked around the shelf to the other side just to get a look at all the awesome books sitting there.

My sister started rushing me and I had to just keep looking at Incarnate and Wings sitting there because it made me so happy. I counted how many copies were out and they had four copies of Incarnate and eight copies of Wings of the Wicked. :)

Needless to say, purchasing those two books most definitely made my weekend...if only I went and checked last night but better late than never, eh?

Some pictures of the books on the shelves:




Thanks to:
• Yara from Once Upon a Twilight!
• Rachel from Fiktshun
• Kreag from I Devour Books

Lastly,

What did you receive in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

  1. A swoonworthy mailbox! I'm still waiting for my WOTW copy to ship. Lucky you, sigh... And I should really read Arcadia Awakens, it's written by a German author:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, thanks so much! And yes, I need to read AA soon too! Confession: 1.) I didn't know that Kai Meyer was a guy until I looked him up and 2.) I had no idea he was a German author. LOL, #MomoFail. I guess that goes to say that we should all do our research on books and their authors, haha!

      Delete
    2. Sorry I have to use the reply button to comment, I'm having problems with blogger's comment boxes :(

      I would have had the exact same reaction to other books I've been dying for if they came in early! It's so much fun when it happens because you feel so awesome and privileged for getting your hands on it just those couple of days/weeks earlier! I love how you suggested you clapping like a dolphin - did your sister suggest this?

      Happy Reading! I can't wait for my copies of Incarnate and Wings of the Wicked arrive at my doorstep!
      -Kate
      My IMM

      Delete
  2. You sure do love Harper Collins! haha And your story made me laugh.

    I've heard great things about all of these, so I hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous! Jealous jealous JEALOUS! But you know that, cause I already tweeted you about it... haha. Hopefully I can pick up my copy of Wings of the Wicked when I go in to my bookstore this week!

    Feel free to check out my IMM here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Haul!! So many great books to read!!!!
    My In My Mail Box
    http://makaylas-books-galore.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-mail-box-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! Can't wait to read Wings of the Wicked and Incarnate! Enjoy.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forbidden sounds awesome and so does Arcadia Awakens! I hope you enjoy your books :) Check out my IMM:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul!! :) I am loving your WOtW hunting story..hehe. I can see you flailing around B&N after you found it...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice mailbox haul this week! Can't wait to finally snag Incarnate! Will have to check out Wings of the Wicked :)

    My IMM: http://blookgirl.com/features/in-my-mailbox/88-in-my-mailbox-january-28-2012

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p