Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Jan 4, 2011

Happy Book Bday to Unearthly (Unearthly, #1), Awakened (House of Night, #8), and Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2)!



In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.
I want to read this one soooo bad! But I won't be buying it today - just yet! I'll wait til later this week when Jana Oliver's The Demon Trapper's Daughter comes out, so I can *hopefully* buy both of them at the same time! :) I know, I know! I have this thing where I have to go buy a both the day it comes out, but you know, I don't buy my books, my parents...and occasionally, my sister buys them for me. So, I'll have to wait and be patient. :)


At the start of Awakened, the pulse-pounding eighth installment of the bestselling House of Night series, Zoey has returned, mostly whole, from the Otherworld to her rightful place as High Priestess at the House of Night. Her friends are just glad to have her back, but after losing her human consort, Heath, will Zoey - or her relationship with her super-hot Warrior, Stark - ever be the same? Stevie Rae is drawn even closer to Rephaim, the Raven Mocker with whom she shares a mysterious and powerful Imprint, but he is a dangerous secret that isolates her from her school, her red fledglings, and even her best friends. When the dark threat of Neferet - who is coming closer and closer to achieving her twisted goal of immortality - and Kalona returns, what will it take to keep the House of Night from being lost forever, and what will one desperate girl do to keep her heart from being irreparably broken?
Here's another release today! I'm not caught up with this series! I have the first five of them in paperback and usually, when there is a new release, it comes out in hardback, so I don't want to mix up my - I guess you would call it, my collection, so I don't think I'll be going to buy this one or any of the others still in hardback anytime soon!


On top of spending most of her time in a bunkerlike safe house and having her dates hijacked by a formidable Fae bodyguard, Faeriewalker Dana Hathaway is in for some more bad news: the Erlking and his pack of murderous minions known as the Wild Hunt have descended upon Avalon. With his homicidal appetite and immortal powers, the Erlking has long been the nightmare of the Fae realm. A fragile treaty with the Faerie Queen, sealed with a mysterious spell, is the one thing that keeps him from hunting unchecked in Avalon, the only place on Earth where humans and Fae live together. Which means Dana’s in trouble, since it’s common knowledge that the Faerie Queen wants her – and her rare Faeriewalker powers – dead. The smoldering, sexy Erlking’s got his sights set on Dana, but does he only seek to kill her, or does he have something much darker in mind?
Another release today! I have Glimmerglass sitting on my shelf - another one on my TBR pile, lol! The cover for the second installment to the Faeriewalker series is gorgeous, may I say! :) Hopefully, I'll be finishing Glimmerglass soon, then I'll be picking this one up shortly after!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
A HUGE happy happy happy book bday to these novels and their authors! :) If you haven't picked up a copy yet, I suggest you get to it soon! I'll be getting to them sometime in the very near future! *__*

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I thought I'd been following you all this time. (maybe it's twitter, fb & or GR)
    I am now! Yay. :)

    Very nifty set up, too.
    Come by Attack of the Book and check out our WOW for today.

    http://attackofthebook.com/2011/01/05/waiting-wednesday-bad-taste-boys-small-persons-wings/

    Have a great week!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I was a little apprehensive in the beginning because Cynthia Hand's writing for the first couple of chapters was a little choppy (although I think that's just part of her writing style as it subtly continues in the following chapters), I'm glad I kept reading or I would have missed out on this gem of a book. It is a perfect book for anyone who likes romance, supernatural, suspense, and of course YA novels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p